TEL AVIV, Israel, March 30, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- HexaTier, which offers a comprehensive security and compliance solution for cloud-hosted databases and Database as a Service (DBaaS) platforms, published today a research paper that identifies the top concerns preventing enterprise organizations from moving their sensitive information to the cloud. Database as a Service (DBaaS) Security Research 2016, an extensive study that reflects survey data from more than 500 IT leaders across multiple industries.
The paper is structured around the top 10 security concerns of respondents across industries, including financial services, healthcare, transportation, retail and more. These include:
- Safety of Data Storage
- DBaaS Provider Can Access Your Data
- Physical Location of the Production Data and the Backup Data
- External Users Can Access the Database
- DBaaS Regulatory Compliance
- DDoS and Performance Attacks on the Database
- Hidden Sensitive Data
- SQL Injection Attacks
- Data Theft by Authorized Users
- Neighbor Tenants Can Access Your Data
"Enterprises understand the value the cloud offers; nearly half of the companies we surveyed are already evaluating or using DBaaS providers," said Dan Dinnar, CEO, HexaTier. "Yet they need to find new ways to secure their data and comply with regulations. Our database reverse proxy technology offers cloud-ready unified database security which brings agility, scalability and ease-of-use to address these concerns."
As the cloud expands, enterprise organizations are hesitant in moving sensitive information to cloud hosted databases. This hesitancy is driven by a wide range of issues:
- 44% of respondents identified security risks as a main reason preventing their organizations from moving to DBaaS
- 39% of respondents identified Compliance & Regulation as a main reason preventing their organizations from moving to DBaaS
- 32% of respondents identified Company Policy as a main reason preventing their organizations from moving to DBaaS
- 18% of respondents identified Lack of Motivation as a main reason preventing their organizations from moving to DBaaS
- 15% of respondents identified Migration costs as a main reason preventing their organizations from moving to DBaaS
Nearly 20% of respondents stated that it was only a matter of time before they adopted a DBaaS solution.
Database as a Service (DBaaS) Security Research 2016 offers guidance on how providers and enterprises can overcome these challenges, as well as charts and comparisons explaining how the three major DBaaS providers, Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS), Microsoft Azure SQL Database and Google Cloud SQL, address them. HexaTier bolstered the report with data consolidated from its experiences remediating data breach damage for victimized enterprises.
Complimentary copies of Database as a Service (DBaaS) Security Research 2015 can be downloaded at http://www.hexatier.com/database-as-a-service-research/. For more information, visit www.hexatier.com
Established in 2009, HexaTier (formerly GreenSQL) sets the industry standard for database security and compliance in the cloud with its unified solution that provides database security, dynamic data masking, database activity monitoring (DAM) and discovery of sensitive data. Utilizing purpose-built, patented Database Reverse Proxy technology, the company protects against both internal and external security threats. Backed by leading investors such as JVP, Magma VC and Rhodium, HexaTier is the first and only company to provide security for cloud-hosted databases and DBaaS platforms through a streamlined and simple solution. Headquartered in Tel Aviv with offices in Irvine, CA and Boston, MA. HexaTier secures databases for nearly 200 organizations globally. For more information, visit www.hexatier.com