SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 12, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- NeoLAB Convergence Inc., developer of the award-winning Neo smartpen N2, today announced the results of a new survey that confirms professionals prefer taking meeting notes with pen and paper over laptops and tablets. In the age of the paperless office, Neo smartpen upholds the enduring value of the traditional pen and paper approach to note taking while blending the useful attributes of digital technology. NeoLAB continues to advance the way individuals live, learn and work with its new mobile app features and unique printable smartpen paper offerings.
In October 2015, NeoLAB surveyed 1,000 working professionals to find out their meeting note taking habits and preferences. The answer was clear: nearly three quarters prefer taking meeting notes with pen and paper, and associate handwritten notes with higher retention.
Selected survey results:
- Can't Beat the Classics: Even with the availability of laptops and tablets, nearly 75 percent of business people prefer taking notes during meetings with pen and paper. Approximately 65 percent of respondents attribute this to the simplicity of writing by hand. Laptops can be incredibly useful, but nothing compares to the ease of putting pen to paper.
- Remember This!: In a business meeting, there is a lot of information to process and organize, which means retention is a top priority. When asked about taking notes in meetings, 95 percent of respondents said they find it easier to remember things when they've written them down.
- Bridge the Gap: 60 percent of respondents that write notes by hand said they type them up after the meeting.
"The numbers from this survey add value to the Neo smartpen N2, which blends the benefits of handwritten note taking with the connectivity of the digital world," said Dr. Eddie Lee, co-founder and CTO at NeoLAB. "I use the N2 to brainstorm during my morning commute on the train, then when I arrive at my desk, I take out my iPad, sync my pen and edit my notes with the latest editing features. I can easily share these notes with my colleagues through the app. It's a transformative writing experience that helps users to better focus on the content of meetings and lectures without distractions like laptops and smartphones."
NeoLAB continues to advance smartpen technology and develop new features catered directly to users' interests and preferred writing habits, including the launch of a free smartpen paper printing program, N Toaster, and the update of N2's free companion app, Neo Notes.
N Toaster eliminates N2 users' reliance on special notebooks and allows users to directly print Ncoded™ paper at their home or office. With N Toaster, N2 users now have the freedom to seamlessly print letter and A4-size Ncoded paper, which records each pen stroke to transform handwritten notes and drawings into digital, editable text. N Toaster is currently available on Windows 7 and above operating systems.
The update of Neo Notes—which enables iOS and Android users to make digital, editable text from handwritten notes and drawings—marks the arrival of highly anticipated features, including new in-app and paper editing offerings. According to the survey, 90 percent of respondents make handwritten to-do lists and 75 percent think employees would benefit from receiving their colleagues' handwritten notes taken during a meeting. Neo Notes makes it easy for users to share and edit notes directly with colleagues. The new in-app editing features include selection and deletion tools, highlighting and a range of color and text settings that make taking notes and creating illustrations with the N2 more dynamic than before.
KEY APP FEATURES:
- In-app editing - highlight text, delete or select content and annotate existing notes; change text color and thickness; add new colors from the extensive color wheel
- Paper sharing - erase lines, delete background details and rework content with a completely transparent background for cleaner-looking presentations, artwork and more
- Audio recording - record and playback audio synced to pen strokes
- Data reproduction - export drawings in a scalable image format, namely SVG or PNG or JPG
- Google Drive - upload notes, drawings and more to Google Drive and access them across devices
- Languages - convert notes into digital text in 15 languages
N Toaster is available for free installation for Windows PC users on the Neo smartpen N2 website. N Toaster is compatible with any laser printer that supports one of the following drivers: SPL, PS or PCL.
ABOUT NEOLAB CONVERGENCE INC.
NeoLAB Convergence Inc., the creator of Neo smartpen N2, is an award-winning designer and developer of digital pens using its patented NcodeTM technology for the consumer, education and enterprise markets. Neo smartpen N2 launched in the international market via a Kickstarter campaign in September 2014, raising 20 times its initial funding goal within just three weeks. For more information about Neo smartpen N2 and case studies, visit www.neosmartpen.com or follow on Facebook and Twitter.
All trademarks and product names are the property of their respective companies.
SOURCE NeoLAB Convergence Inc.