AURORA, Ill., July 9, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- /Convention News Television/ -- Your weekly trip to get milk, eggs, and bread will soon never be the same. There is new robotic checkout technology now available for your local grocery store. It will lead to the coolest and most unique shopping experience you have ever had. And people across Chicagoland can see it first-hand Friday.
ECR Software Corporation, a North Carolina-based leading provider of point of sale- based retail automation, is introducing RAPTOR. RAPTOR is an accelerated checkout lane. Cosmopolitan Marketplace in Aurora will have 10 RAPTOR lanes when it opens tomorrow, July 10th.
The RAPTOR stands for Retail Application Prototype Testing of Operational Robotics. It will:
- Automatically scan each item robotically, dramatically speeding up the checkout process. The system uses advanced high performance 360-degree imaging technology.
- Automatically recognize items by using advanced image recognition that auto-learns each store item.
- Facilitate a seamless, checkout transaction experience and offer several patent-pending features that make checking out easier and more pleasant for the customer.
- Cashier voice control and command system enable cashiers to keep hands free for bagging or manual exception handling while still managing the customer's checkout experience
- Project a consumer guidance system that displays transaction prompts and real-time virtual receipt where the customer places items on the belt
RAPTOR is an accelerated checkout lane, not self-checkout. The cashier plays a vital role in the customer experience while using RAPTOR. "They're no longer spending 99% of their time scanning the items," says Pete Catoe. He's the Founder, President, and CEO of ECRS. "They're spending their time bagging the items... correctly and enhancing the overall consumer experience. You've probably experienced times where your meat products were bagged with chemicals. That won't happen with our system."
Click here to see the technology in action:
ECRS® is a leading provider of point of sale- based retail automation to grocery, natural/health, pharmacy, and specialty retailers located internationally. ECRS is a U.S.-based, privately-held company with experience in serving retail businesses for 26 years. Solutions include: point of sale, self-checkout, mobile POS, accelerated scanning, fresh food scale management, item attribute labeling, gift card, loyalty programs, multi-store management, back office reporting and analytics, inventory management, supply chain integration, general ledger, and warehousing.
Convention News Television
Client Content Manager
SOURCE ECR Software Corporation