NEW YORK, Dec. 9, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- It's a high-tech world where technology is improving many aspects of our lives - starting at birth. The Bump, the definitive voice for all things pregnancy and parenting, in partnership with Living in Digital Times, producers of the new Baby Tech Summit at CES, today announced the finalists for The Bump Best of Baby Tech Awards at CES® 2016. These finalists represent technology achievement in the areas of fertility, pregnancy and baby technology. The Bump Best of Baby Awards finalists will have the opportunity to showcase their products at CES 2016. Consumers, along with a panel of judges, can now place their online vote for their favorite product here. Voting remains open through January 6, 2016, 11 PM EST.
"The Bump loves innovation, especially when we discover technology that supports a healthier and happier pregnancy and parenting journey," said Julia Wang, site director of The Bump. "The finalists of our Best of Baby Tech Awards showcase some really cool, problem-solving products, and we are seeing a trend of Wi-Fi and smart technology merging with everyday items such as the car seat, baby booties and even onesies."
"What the finalists all had in common besides breakthrough technologies was alleviating the challenges of parenting and making life easier for parents and babies," said Jill Gilbert, producer of the Baby Tech Summit. "Today's babies are being born into a digital age and a new breed of entrepreneurs have surfaced with a diversified offering of products that are nothing short of awe-inspiring."
The Bump Best of Baby Tech Awards finalists, listed below, were chosen by an esteemed panel of judges including:
Randi Zuckerberg, Founder & CEO, Zuckerberg Media
Catherine McCord, Founder, Weelicious.com
Jennifer Trachtenberg, Co-Founder of The Baby Bundle App, Pediatrician, Mother & Author, Carnegie Hill Pediatrics/Ask Dr. Jen
Julia Wang, Site Director, The Bump
Sharon Brown, Product Marketing Manager, Amazon
Vanessa Miller, Product Manager/Business Development, Best Babie Inc./Ingram Micro
Katherine Ryder, CEO, Maven
Eighteen finalists have been named with three finalists in each of the six categories: Baby Eats, Baby Learn and Play, Baby-On-The-Go, Baby Safety, Fertility and Pregnancy and Healthy Baby. Below is a list of finalists and their complete details can be found here.
- BabyNes inspired by breast milk, an advanced nutrition system bringing six stages of single serve formulas together with a Wi-Fi connected machine.
- Freemie Freedom Pump and Collection Cups allows moms to pump hands-free.
- Nima a portable gluten tester.
Baby Learn & Play
- Cognoa was developed by researchers at Harvard and Stanford medical schools and is designed for parents to evaluate the risk of developmental delays.
- Smart Connected™ Soothing Motions™ Seat – CMR39 is an insights-based seat that mimics parents' natural soothing motions – bounce, sway, or bounce with sway.
- The Starling word tracking system nourishes a child's brain during the most rapid stage of development through activities that encourage talk and feedback between parent and child.
- Evenflo ADVANCED Evenflo SensorSafe™ Embrace™ DLX Infant Car Seat reminds the driver that there is a baby in the car upon arrival of their destination.
- 4moms infant car seat is a self-installing car seat that automatically levels and tensions; it continuously monitors its status to ensure a correct installation.
- Mutsy Igo is a stroller with integrated front wheel suspension technology that features a height adjustable pushbar and a fully adjustable seat while being able to fold up very compact.
- iBaby Monitor M6T Wi-Fi baby monitor allows a parent to see, hear and speak to their baby from a mobile device, and adjust the temperature and humidity in their baby's room.
- Mimo Smart Baby Monitor tracks a baby's breathing, movements and sleep position sending important alerts to parents' smartphone to help ensure baby's safety while sleeping.
- Owlet Baby Monitor is a smart sock monitor that uses hospital technology—pulse oximeter—to alert parents if their baby stops breathing or heart rate fluctuates.
Fertility & Pregnancy
- ReliefBand™ drug-free wearable is used for the treatment of nausea and vomiting associated with pregnancy.
- Univfy IVF Prediction Tests are online tests that provide fertility patients with personalized probabilities of their likely success with in vitro fertilization (IVF).
- Withings Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor is a medical device measuring blood pressure and heart rate throughout the pregnancy that compares the user's results with the World Health Organization guidelines for classifying blood pressure ranges and hypertension risk.
- Clinicloud connected home medical kit closely monitors your child's every fever, chill, cough, wheeze or cold. It provides you with a medical consultation in the comfort of your own home.
- Kinsa Smart Ear Thermometer uses the latest technology to take a one-second, one-button temperature reading that syncs wirelessly to a smartphone to keep a record of your child for yourself, a caregiver or doctor.
- Oto HOME is an iPhone device that enables parents to take a video of their child's ears when they suspect an infection and share it with a doctor for an immediate answer.
The finalists will exhibit in the Baby Tech Showcase at CES 2016 on January 6-7, 2016, Venetian, Level 2, Venetian Ballroom G. The category winners and the Audience Favorite will be announced on stage on January 7, 2016 during a special event at the Baby Tech Summit at 3:30 PM, Venetian, Level 2, Venetian Ballroom G.
Tweet this: #CES2016 @TheBump Best of #BabyTech Award finalists announced! Vote now on innovative fertility, pregnancy & baby tech products: http://bit.ly/1LtULRQ #TheBumpBabyTech
About The Bump:
The Bump is the only multiplatform resource giving parents the inside scoop on fertility, pregnancy and, new parenthood, reaching millions of moms and dads each year through TheBump.com, The Bump app, and The Bump local guide. The Bump provides new parents stage-by-stage advice, stylish ideas, local resources, interactive tools and an active online community. The Bump is part of XO Group Inc. (NYSE: XOXO), the premier consumer internet and media company devoted to weddings, pregnancy and everything in between. Follow The Bump on social media @thebump.
About Living in Digital Times: Founded by veteran technology journalist Robin Raskin, Living in Digital Times brings together the most knowledgeable leaders and the latest innovations impacting both technology and lifestyle. It helps companies identify and act on emerging trends, create compelling company narratives, and do better business through strong network connections. Living in Digital Times produces technology conferences, exhibits and events at CES and other locations throughout the year by lifestyle verticals. Core brands include Digital Health Summit, Digital Money Forum, FitnessTech, Baby Tech, Kids@Play, Family Tech Summit, TransformingEDU, MommyTech TV, Beauty Tech, Wearables and FashionWare runway show, Mobile Apps Showdown, Last Gadget Standing, Robots on the Runway and the KAPi Awards. The company also works with various foundations and manages the Appreneur Scholar awards program for budding mobile entrepreneurs, as well as the 10 Under 20: Young Innovators to Watch awards recognizing student STEAM innovations in New York City. For more information, visit www.LivinginDigitalTimes.com and keep up with our latest news on Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook.
About CES: CES is the world's gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. It has served as the proving ground for innovators and breakthrough technologies for almost 50 years—the global stage where next-generation innovations are introduced to the marketplace. As the largest hands-on event of its kind, CES features all aspects of the industry. And because it is owned and produced by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA)TM – formerly the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)® – the technology trade association representing the $285 billion U.S. consumer technology industry, it attracts the world's business leaders and pioneering thinkers to a forum where the industry's most relevant issues are addressed. Check out CES video highlights. Follow CES online at www.CESweb.org and on social.
Media Contact: Linda Krebs LKPR, Inc. for Living in Digital Times LK@LKPublicRelations.com 646-484-4539 646-824-5186 (mobile)
Melissa Bach Public Relations Director, The Bump email@example.com 212-515-3594 518-588-3935 (mobile)
SOURCE Living in Digital Times