BLUE BELL, Pa., April 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Unisys Corporation (NYSE: UIS) today announced ClearPath Application Modernization Services, a new suite of services designed to help users of Unisys ClearPath servers quickly and easily modernize their mission-critical ClearPath applications for enhanced performance in contemporary enterprise software environments.
These services are the latest addition to Unisys' portfolio of ClearPath Mission-Critical Services.
The ClearPath Application Modernization Services enable IT organizations to quickly and cost-efficiently build support for automation, Web interfaces, mobile devices, social computing and other widely used technologies into their ClearPath applications. The services enable ClearPath and non-ClearPath applications to interoperate in a heterogeneous, enterprise-wide application environment. The services leverage the latest technology innovations in Unisys ClearPath and Forward! platforms to create a seamless and cost-effective application modernization strategy.
In addition, the services enable organizations challenged by a shortage of ClearPath programming skills to benefit from assistance by a new generation of application developers using contemporary techniques and familiar tools to modernize the ClearPath applications.
"Our ClearPath clients value the mission-critical attributes of security, resilience, scalability and predictable performance," said Vivek Rao, vice president, global systems integration and consulting services delivery. "They have committed to ClearPath applications being at the center of their data center strategy and are investing in modernizing these applications to adapt to ever-changing business requirements. With ClearPath Application Modernization Services, clients can work with expert Unisys service professionals to create the contemporary application environment needed to meet tomorrow's business challenges by building on their strategic investment in ClearPath software."
ClearPath Application Modernization Services comprise the following offerings:
- ClearPath Transformation Services – application optimization, modernization and integration;
- ClearPath Mobility Application Services – mobile enablement of existing enterprise applications and development of new enterprise and consumer mobile applications for multiple platforms, primarily smartphones and tablets using Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone and BlackBerry;
- Agile Business (AB) Suite Services – migration of applications from Unisys Enterprise Application Environment (EAE) development and execution environment to the newer Unisys AB Suite. This service includes full planning, evaluation, conversion, testing and transition support;
- Business Information Server (BIS) Services – software installation, plus planning, design, development, testing and implementation for applications based on Unisys BIS application development and business intelligence solution; and
- Customer Program Management – standardized processes and tools for full program management services; program governance models and performance measurement; and a combination of onsite, remote, dispatched and dedicated service-delivery.
Clients can leverage ClearPath Advisory Services to evaluate the readiness of their ClearPath systems to support strategic business initiatives, understand the cost of specific IT initiatives, assess their organization's readiness for IT automation, determine the required degree of integration among heterogeneous applications, and decide on the best delivery methods for strategic application workloads.
Unisys also offers a full suite of ClearPath Application Outsourcing Services where Unisys takes on the day-to-day operations, support and maintenance of ClearPath applications, helping organizations address skills, resources and cost issues.
Unisys ClearPath Application Modernization Services are available immediately.
Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical problems for clients. We specialize in helping clients secure their operations, increase the efficiency and utilization of their data centers, enhance support to their end users and constituents, and modernize their enterprise applications. To provide these services and solutions, we bring together offerings and capabilities in outsourcing services, systems integration and consulting services, infrastructure services, maintenance services, and high-end server technology. With approximately 23,000 employees, Unisys serves commercial organizations and government agencies throughout the world. For more information, visit www.unisys.com.
Follow Unisys on Twitter.
RELEASE NO.: 0429/9247
Unisys is a registered trademark of Unisys Corporation. Any other brand or product referenced herein is acknowledged to be a trademark or registered trademark of its respective holder.
SOURCE Unisys Corporation