AUSTIN, Texas, July 29, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Chelan County has become the first Washington county to adopt Hart InterCivic's new Verity Voting system. Chelan has been a steadfast Hart customer since 2006. With the purchase of the Verity solution, the County will continue to receive consistent and efficient service from a solution provider they trust. Their new Verity system will provide improved usability and overall workflow.
- Chelan County has been a Hart customer since 2006; the County currently uses the Hart Voting System.
- The Washington Secretary of State Elections Division awarded state certification to Verity on July 7, 2015 after the system met the state's comprehensive testing requirements and the Washington State Voting System Review Board completed its evaluation of the system.
- Chelan County will provide an intergovernmental cooperative purchasing contract to all Washington counties that wish to save time and secure Hart's early adoption program pricing.
- All ballots received by mail or dropped off at any official ballot box in Chelan County will be processed using the high-speed Verity Central solution. Absentee ballots will also be processed using Verity Central.
- Voters with disabilities may use the Verity Touch Writer ballot marking device with accessibility features to mark their ballots electronically before scanning them.
- Verity's accessibility and privacy features ensure an equal voter experience for all.
- Verity provides the most open, secure and easily auditable elections. Election officials are able to quickly verify system operation and accuracy due to efficient software validation and plain language audit reporting.
Skip Moore, Chelan County, Auditor, said "Hart's customer service and support is top-notch, not only is our staff familiar with Hart technology, they trust it. With Verity, I'm confident that we have purchased a cutting edge voting solution that will ensure a smooth Presidential Election in 2016. Verity's overall design is fully-integrated to our specific needs in Chelan, with user-friendly applications that will greatly reduce the time and cost it takes to run an election on both the front and back-end."
Phillip Braithwaite, Hart InterCivic, President and CEO, said "The Verity Voting system gives Chelan proven Hart technology, with the combined innovative voting hardware and software the County was seeking. Chelan County is a valued Hart customer and we are fully committed to providing the county with transparent results driven voting technology. We will focus on making the transition to Verity as seamless and easy as we possibly can and look forward to continuing the very positive relationship we have with the county."
Hart InterCivic is a full service election solutions innovator, partnering with state and local governments to deliver secure, accurate and reliable elections. Working side by side with election professionals for more than 100 years, we share our customers' dedication to ensuring the sanctity of the vote. Our mission is to help advance democracy one election at a time. This mission fuels our passionate customer focus and our continuous drive for technological innovation that makes voting more straightforward, more equitable and more accessible—and makes managing elections more transparent, more efficient and easier.
Headquartered in the vibrant city of Austin, Texas Hart InterCivic fosters an environment that spurs innovation and empowers employees to deliver great experiences to our customers.
Video - http://youtu.be/vbeUCqjPjxs
SOURCE Hart InterCivic