SKOKIE, Ill., July 7, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Just in time for its busiest time of the year, New World Van Lines of Chicago is equipping its fleet of household moving trucks with the Rand McNally HD 100 – a plug-and-play fleet technology solution that leverages New World's existing technology.
A family-owned and certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) business, New World Van Lines piloted multiple devices during a two-year period and ultimately chose the HD 100. Since 50 percent of its household moving industry business is during the summer, the company needed a system that was easy to integrate into its nearly 250 tractor-trailers and straight trucks from a business and driver perspective.
"The HD 100 offered what the others did not: flexibility. The pricing was right where we needed it to be," said Justin Walsh, Vice President of Technology at New World Van Lines. "Our drivers can quickly download an app to integrate their smart phone with the HD 100 for a seamless implementation. Drivers also get more information right out of the box since it's a Rand McNally product."
The HD 100 plugs into the truck's diagnostics port, pairs with an Android or iOS tablet or phone, and provides Hours of Service, vehicle diagnostics, and driver performance information. HOS logs, driver performance data and diagnostics information also is available for fleet managers online, via the Rand McNally Connect web portal.
The HD 100 can even serve as a stand-alone track-and-trace device for increased fleet visibility.
"The HD 100 will help us to be more timely and more proactive. This will make it easier for dispatchers to see if drivers are where they need to be," Walsh said.
In addition, New World Van Lines is implementing the Rand McNally device to meet a future need: The company-owned fleet will be in compliance when the anticipated federal electronic logging mandate arrives.
New World Van Lines and its drivers will benefit from the following:
- Quick installation: The HD 100 can be installed in less than 15 minutes, eliminating long, cumbersome implementations.
- Increased accuracy: E-Logs can enable drivers to eliminate time spent calculating hours of service manually, resulting in more time available for driving.
- Increased efficiency: With more accurate time tracking, the company will be better equipped to ensure that loads assigned to a driver can be completed in the time he or she has left– maximizing the hours available for both the driver and the company.
- Stronger management: The HD 100 provides managers the ability to monitor assets on the road and analyze driver performance via the Rand McNally Connect web portal.
- Cost savings: The device will help simplify complicated reporting, reduce paperwork, and help lower administration costs.
For more information on Rand McNally's mobile fleet management services, call 1-800-789-6277 or visit randmcnally.com.
About Rand McNally – Rand McNally is the country's most trusted source for maps, navigation, and travel content. Products and services include: America's #1 Road Atlas; IntelliRoute® truck routing software; TND™ truck GPS; HD 100 E-Log devices; TPC 7600 and TND™ 760 mobile fleet management solutions; RVND™ GPS for RVers; and leading geography-based educational resources for the classroom. Learn more at randmcnally.com
© 2015 RM Acquisition, LLC d/b/a Rand McNally. All rights reserved.
Rand McNally, the globe logo, IntelliRoute, and Best of the Road are registered trademarks, and TND and RVND are trademarks of RM Acquisition, LLC d/b/a Rand McNally. U.S. Patent Nos. 7,580,791 and 8,214,141.
About New World Van Lines – For more information, see www.nwvl.com.
New World Van Lines and Rand McNally are both proud members of the American Moving & Storage Association (AMSA).
SOURCE Rand McNally