LONG BEACH, Calif., Nov. 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Queen Mary bids farewell to 2014 with a legendary New Year's Eve party certain to make her birthplace proud - Auld Lang 'Shine'. Inspired by the liner's Scottish heritage well known for its zealous celebration of a new year, Auld Lang 'Shine' is a nod to the ship's storied past. The 21+ all-night bash highlights seven destinations from the Queen Mary's Mediterranean Cruise of 1966 through music, culture, food and entertainment. A global party made unforgettable by renowned headliners The Gypsy AllStars featuring Gypsy Kings Alumni, DJ Dennis Owens, DJ Lu and more. New Year's Eve aboard the Queen Mary will be a brilliant welcome to 2015.
Italy, France, Spain, Greece, Morocco, Egypt and the USA will transform three and a half acres of the ship's deck and salon space into an international celebration of festivities. Revelers can party from country to country, reminiscent of the Scottish tradition to celebrate from house to house. Destinations include:
- Cannes, France: A plum-hued Royal Casino and French Cabaret vibrates with French Can-Can, Champagne Shows, Moulin Rogue Cabaret by Bling Divas Entertainment.
- Cartagena, Spain: The Queen's Salon turned exotic Spanish Flamenco Lounge with tapas and flowing sangria served from the Matador Bar to the sounds of The Gypsy AllStars and a famed Flamenco Dou.
- Mykonos, Greece: Its dynamic club scene now lights up the Sports Deck with an LED dance floor adjacent to the Arena Bar surrounded by Greco ruins and busts of Grecian gods. The island nightlife is complete with a surprise Guest DJ spinning Electronic Dance Music (EDM).
- Alexandria, Egypt: Guests can channel their inner Cleopatra amidst golden pyramids, belly dancers and snake charmers in the ship's Britannia Salon where DJ Lu spins Top 40's Hip Hop across from the Pharaoh Bar.
- Tangier, Morocco: Vibrant energy is brought to life in a colorful Moroccan pavilion that hosts The Dancing Fire Belly Harem, henna art, and the Elephant Bar.
- Portofino, Italy: Romantics can indulge in the country's love of food and song with singing gondoliers at the Grand Salon's Italian buffet and Gondola Bar.
- New York, USA: Partygoers can bring it back home sipping on a Manhattan at the Broadway Bar featuring Grand Dueling Pianos in Verandah Grill. The Central Park-themed Sundeck is a magical place for another New Year's tradition – a Rockette-style countdown that culminates in a spectacular midnight fireworks show.
"There's no better way to celebrate than aboard a ship that's hosted New Year's Eve guests for 80 Years. An annual tradition for many, we strive to create an unforgettable night each year. Auld Lang 'Shine' will be one of the best yet, a glittering celebration into a new year." says Steve Sheldon, Director of Entertainment Events for The Queen Mary.
Enjoy New Year's Eve with general admission or VIP tickets ($99-$199). Each destination offers distinct walk-up concessions and reservations can be made for sit-down dining, from casual to five-star meals at Promenade Cafe, Chelsea's Chowder House or Sir Winston's, respectively. Themed cabanas with food and bottle service are available in each "country". Upgrade options include hotel packages, New Year's Day Brunch and New Year's Eve Grand Italian Feast.
All guests must be at least 21 years old. New Year's Eve runs 8PM – 2AM. Self-Parking is $20. For tickets and more information visit: http://www.queenmary.com/events/new-years-eve/
About the Queen Mary
Located in the Port of Long Beach, the Queen Mary features a rich maritime history, authentic Art Deco decor, and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and Long Beach city skyline. At the time of her maiden voyage in May of 1936, she was considered the grandest ocean liner ever built. The Queen Mary features award-winning restaurants, historical attractions, numerous special event salons and 346 staterooms and suites.
SOURCE The Queen Mary