SAN DIEGO, Feb. 17, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- BlogWorld & New Media Expo, the world's largest social media business conference and new media industry tradeshow, will expand to two events in 2011, including a new East Coast event in New York City. The East Coast event will be co-located with BookExpo America, North America's largest annual book industry convention, which will take place May 24 – 26, 2011 at the Jacob K. Javits Center in New York City.
"After a record-setting 40% attendance growth at our event in 2010, and due to a huge demand from bloggers and social media professionals from across the eastern United States and Canada, we decided it was time to launch our East Coast event this year," explained BlogWorld & New Media Expo CEO and co-founder Rick Calvert.
"By co-locating BlogWorld East with BookExpo America, we are creating the first real convergence of new media and traditional media. The capital of traditional media is playing host to the largest gathering of social media professionals and new media content creators in the world. Both communities have a truly unique opportunity to learn from the brightest minds each has to offer," explained Calvert. "It's exciting to think about the potential for new ideas and business opportunities that will result from BlogWorld and BookExpo America happening side by side."
Steven Rosato, Show Manager for BookExpo America commented: "This is a perfect fit for BookExpo America. We have been building our blogger base and social media has emerged as a powerful force in book publishing and marketing in recent years. We are a vested partner with BlogWorld & New Media Expo and we will work closely with them to sell, promote and build their show. We expect this association will strongly benefit our respective attendees and exhibitors for many years to come. Reed Exhibitions has wide international reach and as a leading organizer of business to business events we not only plan to build awareness for BlogWorld & New Media Expo in America but throughout the world as well."
BlogWorld & New Media Expo expects more than 1,500 attendees, 200 speakers and 100 sponsors/exhibitors to participate in the inaugural East Coast event. BlogWorld expects record-breaking attendance again with more than 4,000 at BlogWorld West later this year (dates TBA). While the format of both shows will be similar, the content and speakers will vary, covering the latest trends and best practices in monetizing new media, content creation, distribution, social media marketing, social networking, and digital broadcasting.
Access to the BlogWorld & New Media Expo exhibit floor will be complimentary for all BEA badge holders, and access to the BlogWorld conference can be purchased separately.
BlogWorld & New Media Expo features the most diverse, all-star line-up of bloggers, digital broadcasters, social media professionals and new media thought leaders under one roof, anywhere in the world.
Examples of past speakers include:
- Mark Cuban – Entrepreneur, blogger, owner of the Dallas Mavericks and HDNet
- Brian Solis – Principal of new media agency, FutureWorks and author of "Engage"
- Mark Burnett – Emmy-award winning producer of "Survivor," "The Apprentice" and "Sarah Palin's Alaska"
- Scott Monty – Head of social media for Ford Motor Company
- Joanna Drake Earl – COO of Current TV
- Guy Kawasaki – Founder of Garage Ventures, co-founder of Alltop.com, author of "Enchantment"
- Chris Brogan – President of Human Business Work and author of "Trust Agents"
- Darren Rowse – CEO of Problogger.net
- Kara Swisher – Co-executive editor of WSJ's AllThingsD.com
- Adam Carolla – TV, radio personality and leading podcaster
- Gary Vaynerchuk – Author of best-seller "Crush It" and host of Wine Library TV
- Jermaine Dupri – Grammy-winning music producer and blogger
- Rob Barnett – CEO of MyDamnChannel.com
- Dick Glover – President & CEO of FunnyorDie.com
- Sonia Simone and Brian Clark – Senior editor and founder of Copyblogger.com
- Dermot McCormack – Executive VP of digital media, MTV Networks Music
- Don Lemon – CNN news anchor
- Jim Louderback – CEO of Revision
Additional information on BlogWorld East is available at www.blogworldexpo.com.
About BlogWorld & New Media Expo
BlogWorld & New Media Expo is the first and only industry-wide tradeshow, conference and media event dedicated to promoting the dynamic industry of new media. Thousands of attendees learn about Content Creation, Distribution, Monetization and Social Media Marketing strategies, including step-by-step techniques and bleeding-edge tools from the most successful and influential Bloggers, Podcasters, Vloggers, Web TV & Radio Broadcasters, Social Influencers, New Media Pro's and Online Journalists.
About BookExpo America (BEA)
BEA is North America's largest gathering of book trade professionals attracting an international audience. It is organized with the support of association partners including the Association of American Publishers (AAP) and the American Booksellers Association (ABA). BEA is recognized for the media attention it brings to upcoming books as well as for the notable authors it attracts to the convention itself.
Reed Exhibitions is the world's leading events organizer. In 2007 Reed brought together over six million industry professionals from around the world generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed events are held in 38 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific, and organized by 39 fully staffed offices. Reed's portfolio of over 500 events serves 47 industry sectors.
SOURCE BlogWorld & New Media Expo