SPRINGVILLE, Utah, Oct. 22 /PRNewswire/ -- After months of intensive interviewing, Neways has found another professional to serve as a member of the company's Scientific Advisory Board.
Neways welcomes Harry Preuss, MD, MACN, CNS, to the Scientific Advisory Board. Dr. Preuss is a medical doctor and a professor of biochemistry, physiology, medicine, and pathology at Georgetown University Medical Center. With expertise in nutrition and weight management, he has published more than 220 peer-reviewed medical papers, 180 medical contributions, and 230 abstracts, as well as seven patents. Additionally, he has written, edited or co-edited nine books, and three symposia published in journals, and he wrote the nutrition section of the Encyclopedia Americana.
"I am most pleased to be added to the Scientific Advisory Board of Neways International," said Dr. Preuss. "The board's present membership is made up of highly distinguished individuals, and I am honored to be working with them. I will do my best to help Neways develop safety conscious products."
Following are highlights of Dr. Preuss's appointments and awards:
- Elected the ninth Master of the American College of Nutrition (ACN)
- Chaired two ACN councils: the Cardiovascular and Aging Council and the Council on Dietary Supplements, Nutraceuticals, and Functional Foods
- Served on the ACN's board of directors, twice as president, the only person ever elected twice to this office
- Served as chairman of the ACN's Nutritional Policy Institute
- Served as treasurer and on the board of directors of the Alliance for Natural Health (ANH-USA)
- Served as president of the Certification Board for Nutrition Specialists (CBNS)
- Chaired, for over 20 years, the Institutional Review Board (IRB) that reviews clinical protocols at Georgetown University Medical Center
- Received the William B. Peck, James Lind, and Bieber Awards for his research and activities in the medical and nutrition fields
- Voted winner of the ACN's Charles E. Ragus Award for publishing the best research paper in the organization's journal
- Received the ACN Award for 2010, given to an outstanding senior investigator in nutrition
Neways' Scientific Advisory Board is staffed by five experienced scientists with diverse perspectives and varied expertise, in fields such as toxicology, dermatology, cosmetic chemistry, nutrition, biochemistry, human anatomy and physiology, and regulatory affairs. Throughout the product development process, Neways relies on input from these scientists to formulate safety conscious products.