NEWPORT, R.I., Aug. 16, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Rainmaker Securities, LLC, member FINRA/SIPC, is proud to announce that one of our registered agents, Katharine Cushing of 7Sisters, LLC, is hosting the Newport Global Summit on August 16-17, 2017. The Newport Global Summit is a leadership retreat that has been held at the Pell Center for International Relations and Public Policy since 2009.
"The Summit is intended to be like Davos at its infancy, encouraging active collaboration among the participants to facilitate new business relationships," says Founder, Katharine (Kitty) Cushing, Managing Principal of 7Sisters, LLC.
Successful entrepreneurs, notable investors and family business enterprises from around the world will gather for a two-day leadership forum to share knowledge and explore possibilities for economic prosperity. Speakers include:
- Glen Anderson, Founder and President of Rainmaker Securities, a leader in secondary transactions for late stage private securities. Each year Rainmaker Securities facilitates hundreds of secondary transactions over dozens of late-state equity issuers.
- Richard Beleutz, Managing Partner of Alternative Investment Resource; on the topic of investing in life settlement assets.
- Sharon Daniels, CEO of ARRIA NLG, partner to IBM Watson, and leader in NLG (natural language generation) technology, the keystone of Artificial Intelligence. Sharon is co-founder of Diligent, a U.S. based SaaS company that listed on NZX in 2007 and recently sold to Insight Venture Partners for U.S. $624 million.
- John LeBoutillier, nationally recognized political commentator and former U.S. Congressman.
- John Messervey, Private Advisor to America's Leading Families, President of National Family Business Council.
- Kevin Raidy, Managing Director of Cowen, Inc., a leading equity underwriter for life sciences, biopharmaceutical and healthcare companies.
- Joseph A. Stanislaw - co-founder and former president of Cambridge Energy Research Associates, an energy research consultancy that was acquired in 2004 by IHS Energy.
About 7Sisters, LLC
7Sisters specializes in fostering and developing relationships between U.S. companies with international partners, helping U.S. companies and family enterprises broaden global business relationships. With more than 90% of economic growth now occurring outside of the U.S., it is critical for businesses and families to adapt to a global business world.
About Rainmaker Securities, LLC
Rainmaker Securities creates a liquid marketplace for buyers to transact in the securities of select late stage private (non-listed) companies. In doing so, Rainmaker Securities helps buyers address the information problems, restrictions, and transparency issues characteristic of transacting in private securities, and help sellers achieve liquidity of hard to value and difficult to sell assets. Rainmaker Securities, is a member FINRA/SIPC firm.
SOURCE Rainmaker Securities