NEW YORK, Aug. 3, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Newsweek Media Group, the family of digital-first media brands that start and shape global conversations that matter ("Company"), today announced the U.S. launch of Newsweek Events — the Company's global events business — with a full calendar of convenings for the Fall of 2017. The fall event schedule will include two new Structure events: Structure Security, focused on digital security; and Structure 2017, focused on cloud computing. Due to the strong response at this past spring's Newsweek Events fin-tech conference in London on artificial intelligence, Newsweek Events will also hold its first-ever U.S. Artificial Intelligence and Data Science in Capital Markets Conference in New York this December. Newsweek Events acquired Structure this past February from Giga-Om, the digital media company.
Catering to C-suite business decision-makers, Newsweek Events provides today's consumers and businesses with a more informed and curated global perspective on business, politics and culture across multiple content verticals, with a particular focus on the finance, science, technology and sustainability sectors. Newsweek Events successfully launched earlier this year in the U.K. with the inaugural AI & Data Science in Capital Markets Conference, which attracted more than 420 attendees from 51 nations and received rave reviews from participants.
"We are excited to launch Newsweek Events in the U.S., and to introduce an exciting fall program which will bring together highly influential business leaders and brands to speak to the most pertinent issues affecting their roles as global innovators in their fields," said Dev Pragad, Chief Executive Officer of Newsweek Media Group. "We have an impressive lineup of sponsors and speakers for these conferences that reflects the strong demand by C-suite decision makers for deeper, more relevant and provocative perspectives on business and technology. Building on our popular AI event in London, the upcoming New York-based AI conference and our Structure conferences on cloud and digital security are important next steps in our plans to build a global, scalable events business."
Newsweek Events has already secured an impressive initial roster of sponsors, including Carbon Black and Alert Logic for Structure Security and Ravenpack, Kinetica, 2iQ, JPMorganChase, Société Générale, Hitachi Data Systems, Dataminr, and Continuum Analytics signing on as sponsors for the AI event.
Newsweek Events' fall 2017 U.S. program includes:
- Structure Security: This conference will highlight the best practices that security professionals are using to protect some of the world's largest companies and institutions, and examine the future of security products, services, and the threats that aim to take them down.
- Confirmed speakers include representatives from the FBI, Walmart, Yahoo!, Cisco, IBM, McAfee, Netflix and Uber.
- DATE/LOCATION: Sept. 26-27, 2017, San Francisco, CA
- Structure 2017: Meet the innovators and thinkers who are building infrastructure for the next decade. Structure 2017 allows the biggest names in cloud to make predictions and forecasts about our future.
- Confirmed speakers include representatives from GE Energy Connections, Facebook, IBM, Intel and VMware.
- DATE/LOCATION: Nov. 14-15, 2017, San Francisco, CA
- Artificial Intelligence and Data Science Capital Markets Conference: This event will bring together the best minds in quantitative finance and data science to discuss how advanced computing, when applied to vast and varied datasets, can help predict the price of financial instruments. It will also consider the extent to which advancements in AI happening in areas such as computer vision, voice recognition and self-driving cars can usefully be applied to finance.
- Confirmed speakers include representatives from Goldman Sachs, BlackRock, JP Morgan Chase & Co, Guggenheim Partners and New York University.
- DATE/LOCATION: Dec. 6-7, 2017, New York City
Sponsorship and speaker opportunities are still available for all three U.S. events. To learn more please contact Justin Tadman, Managing Director, Newsweek Events at email@example.com.
About Newsweek Media Group
Newsweek Media Groupis a family of digital-first, global media brands that seek to start and shape conversations that matter. We offer an objective perspective to smart and accessible news, media and entertainment to nearly 100 million consumers and business leaders around the world. Headquartered in New York City, Newsweek Media Group owns and operates the iconic Newsweek magazine, Newsweek Events, and digital media properties including the International Business Times, Player.One, Latin Times, and Medical Daily. As one of the world's only truly global media brands, Newsweek Media Group combines the proven agility of the digitally native IBT properties with the trusted integrity, known world-over, of Newsweek. Newsweek Media Group launched Newsweek Events, its global events business in March 2017. International Business Times is a digital news publication that today reaches an average of 57+ million readers each month via eight separate editions, in four languages. Market-specific editions are now available in the U.S., the U.K., Australia, China, India, Italy, Japan & Singapore. Newsweek publishes a U.S. and International edition weekly in English. The international edition — branded as Newsweek International — serves the Europe, Middle-East, Africa and Asia-Pacific regions while language-specific editions are available in Japan, Korea, Latin America, Pakistan, Poland and Serbia. A separate English-language edition is also published for the Middle East. The print edition of Newsweek is now available in 68 territories while round-the-clock- coverage on the latest breaking world news can be found at newsweek.com.
For more information, please visit newsweekgroup.com.
SOURCE Newsweek Media Group