NEW YORK, Feb. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Newtek Business Services, NASDAQ: NEWT, The Small Business Authority, is proud to announce that it has attracted and retained the talent of Ted Rallis. Ted will be joining Newtek as Senior Vice President of Human Resources. Ted is the former Vice President, Human Resources at Marathon National Bank of NY, former Vice President, Human Resources of ABN-AMRO North America (EAB), former Human Resources Manager of Home Depot Regional, and former Corporate Director of Human Resources of The Revenue Maximization Group. Ted has over 20 years' experience and a proven track record in management and relationship building, demonstrating excellent communication skills and expertise in the varied disciplines of Human Resources with contributions focused on quality delivery, improved efficiency and cost-effective results.
Barry Sloane, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Newtek Business Services said, "The Company, as it has grown, realizes the need to bolster its staff in order to support all different business units. Ted is a consummate professional in Human Resources and will manage all local Human Resource executives in our Wisconsin, Texas, Arizona, New York City and Long Island offices. Ted's role will involve all aspects of Human Resources, including but not limited to: recruiting, SOX compliance, employee relations, and health and benefits administration. We welcome Ted joining our organization to further help with its' day to day efforts of running smoothly and providing support to executive corporate governance and employee relations."
Ted Rallis said, "I am excited to be part of an outstanding team of professionals at Newtek and look forward to providing positive impactful solutions in assisting our organization with its expansion."
About Newtek Business Services, Inc.
Newtek Business Services, The Small Business Authority, provides the following products and services:
- Newtek Advantage™: Mobile real-time operating platform for business intelligence. The Newtek Advantage™ puts all critical business transactions in real-time. Access data on your smartphone, tablet, laptop or PC as it relates to eCommerce for credit/ debit transactions, website statistics, payroll, insurance and business loans.
- Electronic Payment Processing: eCommerce, electronic solutions to accept non-cash payments, including credit and debit cards, check conversion, remote deposit capture, ACH processing, and electronic gift and loyalty card programs.
- Managed Technology Solutions (Cloud Computing): Full-service web host, which offers eCommerce solutions, shared and dedicated web hosting and related services including domain registration and online shopping cart tools.
- eCommerce: A suite of services that enable small businesses to get up and running on-line quickly and cost effectively, with integrated web design, payment processing and shopping cart services.
- Business Lending: Broad array of lending products including SBA 7(a) and SBA 504 loans.
- Insurance Services: Commercial and personal lines of insurance, including health and employee benefits in all 50 states, working with over 40 insurance carriers.
- Web Services: Customized web design and development services.
- Data Backup, Storage and Retrieval: Fast, secure, off-site data backup, storage and retrieval designed to meet the specific regulatory and compliance needs of any business.
- Accounts Receivable Financing: Receivable purchasing and financing services.
- Payroll: Complete payroll management and processing services.
Newtek Business Services, Inc., The Small Business Authority, is a direct distributor of a wide range of business services and financial products to the small- and medium-sized business market under the Newtek® brand. Since 1999, Newtek has helped small- and medium-sized business owners realize their potential by providing them with the essential tools needed to manage and grow their businesses and to compete effectively in today's marketplace. Newtek provides its services to over 100,000 business accounts and has positioned the Newtek® brand as a one-stop-shop provider of such business services. According to the U.S. Small Business Administration, there are over 27.5 million small businesses in the United States, which in total represent 99.7% of all employer firms.
Note Regarding Forward Looking Statements
Statements in this press release including statements regarding Newtek's beliefs, expectations, intentions or strategies for the future, may be "forward-looking statements" under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from the plans, intentions and expectations reflected in or suggested by the forward-looking statements. Such risks and uncertainties include, among others, intensified competition, operating problems and their impact on revenues and profit margins, anticipated future business strategies and financial performance, anticipated future number of customers, business prospects, legislative developments and similar matters. Risk factors, cautionary statements and other conditions, which could cause Newtek's actual results to differ from management's current expectations, are contained in Newtek's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and available through http://www.sec.gov.
Rubenstein Public Relations Telephone: (212) 843-9335 Contact: Jonathan Goldberg / firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Newtek Business Services