JUNO BEACH, Fla., April 17, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- NextEra Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NEE) has been recognized as one of Forbes' America's Best Employers for the fourth consecutive year. NextEra Energy, whose businesses include Florida Power & Light Company, Gulf Power Company and NextEra Energy Resources, LLC, is one of only 1,000 employers to receive this honor across the U.S.
"We are pleased to be recognized as one of America's Best Employers for the fourth consecutive year," said Jim Robo, NextEra Energy chairman and chief executive officer. "We are committed to investing in our team and creating a workplace where our employees feel they can make a difference every day. I've often said that our employees are our greatest competitive advantage, and this recognition wouldn't be possible without our team of approximately 15,000 talented employees. They are the driver behind how we create value for our customers, protect the environment, invest in our communities and deliver superior returns for our shareholders."
In collaboration with analytics firm Statista, Forbes selected America's Best Employers based on an independent survey from a sample of more than 50,000 U.S. employees working for companies employing at least 1,000 people in their U.S. operations.
Highlights of NextEra Energy's efforts to maintain a great place to work include:
- Industry leadership in energy infrastructure – NextEra Energy is one of America's largest infrastructure investors with more than $40 billion in planned investments through 2020.
- Innovation – NextEra Energy was named by Fortune as one of the top 25 companies in the world for innovation. Earlier this year, FPL announced a groundbreaking "30-by-30" plan to install more than 30 million solar panels by 2030 and make the state of Florida a world leader in the production of solar energy. Additionally, FPL plans to build the world's largest solar-powered battery.
- Health and well-being – NextEra Energy makes it a priority to focus on the health and well-being of its employees and their families. The company has on-site fitness centers and health centers, nutrition programs, and offers fitness rebates and health incentives.
- Learning and development –NextEra Energy actively encourages continuous learning, development and improvement. Whether it's taking classes through NextEra University, attending seminars or informal mentoring, the quest for knowledge is evident across the company.
- Diversity and inclusion – NextEra Energy is focused on building a team with a rich diversity of perspectives, experiences and ideas. The company has been honored for its commitment to diversity and inclusion by Forbes as America's Best Employers for Diversity in 2018 and 2019. In addition, NextEra Energy's Women in Energy employee resource group received the 2017 Spotlight Impact Award from the Association of ERGs & Councils.
- Community involvement – Through various volunteering opportunities, NextEra Energy engages with its communities, invests in tomorrow's leaders and supports community well-being. In 2018, NextEra Energy employees contributed more than 85,000 hours to their local communities through company-sponsored projects and personal volunteer time.
This recent honor from Forbes is the latest recognition for NextEra Energy. Earlier this year, NextEra Energy was named No. 1 in its sector on Fortune's list of "Most Admired Companies" for the 12th time in 13 years and, in 2018, was ranked by Fortune among the top 25 companies that "Change the World." NextEra Energy was also recognized for the 12 time by Ethisphere Institute as one of its World's Most Ethical Companies, becoming one of only 14 current honorees in the world to achieve this prestigious honor 12 or more times.
NextEra Energy, Inc.
NextEra Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NEE) is a leading clean energy company headquartered in Juno Beach, Florida. NextEra Energy owns two electric companies in Florida: Florida Power & Light Company, which serves more than 5 million customer accounts in Florida and is the largest rate-regulated electric utility in the United States as measured by retail electricity produced and sold; and Gulf Power Company, which serves more than 460,000 customers in eight counties throughout Northwest Florida. NextEra Energy also owns a competitive energy business, NextEra Energy Resources, LLC, which, together with its affiliated entities, is the world's largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun and a world leader in battery storage. Through its subsidiaries, NextEra Energy generates clean, emissions-free electricity from eight commercial nuclear power units in Florida, New Hampshire, Iowa and Wisconsin. A Fortune 200 company and included in the S&P 100 index, NextEra Energy has been recognized often by third parties for its efforts in sustainability, corporate responsibility, ethics and compliance, and diversity. NextEra Energy is ranked No. 1 in the electric and gas utilities industry on Fortune's 2019 list of "World's Most Admired Companies" and ranked among the top 25 on Fortune's 2018 list of companies that "Change the World." For more information about NextEra Energy companies, visit these websites: www.NextEraEnergy.com, www.FPL.com, www.GulfPower.com, www.NextEraEnergyResources.com.
SOURCE NextEra Energy, Inc.