DUBAI, UAE, February 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Nikon Corporation today released its advanced, high-performance DX-format D7100 digital SLR camera.
This compact lightweight camera (W × H × D: approx. 135.5 × 106.5 × 76 mm; weight: approx. 675 g*1) offers superior portability and is loaded with features that enable excellent subject detection and is capable of reproducing the finest details.
It is equipped with features, such as the DX-format CMOS sensor of 24.1 effective megapixels and the high-performance EXPEED 3 image-processing engine without a low-pass filter, which enable sharp focusing with high resolution. The incredible combination of the high pixel count, and the full HD quality of the D7100 can be enhanced further with NIKKOR lenses, which offer superior rendering performance made possible with Nikon's own optical technologies.
The camera also offers a number of new functions that improve camera operations for a more intuitive and efficient shooting experience, including Spot White Balance, a white balance preset manual option that allows users to choose a specific subject from which white balance is measured while shooting in live view. It is also equipped with an array of RGBW that enables more effective accumulation of light, a large, 3.2-inch high-resolution TFT LCD monitor with a wide viewing angle and an i button that enables direct access to frequently used functions.
*1Camera body only
- D7100 Primary Features
1. D7100 features a new Nikon DX-format CMOS sensor, 24.1 effective megapixels, and the EXPEED 3 image-processing engine optimized for high-performance without an optical low-pass filter
2. Supports lenses with a maximum aperture of f/8 and offers a 51-point AF system for faster focus
3. 51 focus points covering the entire frame that bring distant subjects closer.The 1.3× DX crop achieves high-speed continuous shooting up to approximately 7 fps*1.
4. The compact and lightweight Nikon DX-format camera that is strong, yet extremely light and portable
5. Increased usability and improved operation
- A new Spot White Balance option measures white balance using a specified portion of the frame
- A high-performance optical viewfinder utilizes a glass pentaprism and offers approximately 100% frame coverage
- OLED display element
- The 3.2-inch, 1229 k-dot TFT LCD monitor with wide viewing angle features a new RGBW array
6. Supports 1920 × 1080/60i and 1920 × 1080/30p movie recording
7. Supports the new WR-1 Wireless Remote Controller (available separately)
*1 When 1.3× DX crop is enabled; up to 6 fps when standard DX format is enabled. Both maximum frame rates possible only when image quality is set to JPEG/12-bit NEF (RAW). Measured according to CIPA guidelines.
- Other D7100 Features
- Release time lag of approximately 0.052 s*1 and high-speed continuous shooting at up to approximately 7 fps*2
- Extremely durable shutter that has passed testing for 150,000 cycles
- Built-in flash equipped with a commander function
- Double slots for SD memory cards
- New Multi-Power Battery Pack MB-D15 (available separately)
*1 Measured according to CIPA guidelines.
*2 When 1.3× DX crop is enabled; up to 6 fps when standard DX format is enabled. Both maximum frame rates possible only when image quality is set to JPEG/12-bit NEF (RAW).
SOURCE Nikon Corporation