CLEVELAND, March 23, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- NineSigma, the leading innovation partner to companies worldwide, today announced new opportunities for innovators to accelerate their technologies, discoveries, and patents into the marketplace.
"We are inspired by the challenges we manage for our clients – from contests that advance extraterrestrial exploration, to new approaches for sustainable aquaculture, there are always new ways to impact the global community through innovation," said NineSigma CEO Dr. Andy Zynga.
NineSigma showcases the latest Innovation Contests, Galleries and technology needs on NineSights.com, a secure community that connects solution seekers with scientific and technical experts. Following are some of the latest opportunities for innovators who want to solve challenges, earn monetary prizes, and grow their businesses:
The Blue Economy Challenge
Together with the innovationXchange of the Australian Government, Conservation X Labs, NineSigma and SecondMuse, the World Wildlife Foundation launched a competition to source creative solutions to rethink the future of aquaculture. The Blue Economy Challenge aims to address environmental and social challenges within the aquaculture industry by seeking new approaches to be deployed in the Indian Ocean region. The challenge will run through June 30, 2016.
ICL Innovation Webinar
ICL and NineSigma will present a Webinar on April 6th, 2016 at 10:00 AM EDT to discuss an exciting technology opportunity on the ICL Gallery: Anticorrosion Technology for High Temperature Coatings. To register for this webinar with ICL Innovation, please click here.
Global organizations from across industries are actively seeking new technologies or collaborators through their Innovation Galleries on NineSights. These Gallery sponsors are open to responses from innovators of all sizes, industries and locations.
Below is a sample of current needs: From culinary to forestry, and manufacturing to 3-D printing challenges, and more. They include:
- Electrolux is interested in the Kitchen of Tomorrow; from cleaning solutions, inventory management to connected and smart kitchen tools.
- GSK, GlaxoSmithKline, is seeking scalable flow-through methods to separate monomers from aggregates.
- ICL Innovation is seeking technology to improve the anticorrosion performance of its coatings.
- IncWell is searching for an electrically conductive one-way plug in connection.
- Metro Atlanta Chamber representing a Global Appliance Manufacturer, invites proposals describing solutions able to prevent and/or detect scale deposits and fouling on metal surfaces heating potable water.
- Mondelēz seeks ingredients, formulations or new aeration technologies that could provide a low density foam for use in confectionery that is stable at ambient temperature, but creates a novel texture or sensation when chilled.
- NRCAN and IFIT are offering an investment opportunity to partner in a project supported by Canadian Government funding to prototype and commercialize a unique, industrial grade Additive Manufacturing machine for solid wood (which does not use powdered wood or sawdust).
- PARC is offering PARC Engage, a service that guides customers from strategic problems to emerging technology-based solutions.
- PepsiCo seeks to identify emerging dehydration technologies in food and adjacent industries. Ideal technologies will have established feasibility within the past five years
- Sealed Air is searching for materials or processing techniques that will promote the lateral diffusion of oxygen along a film surface.
- Siemens seeks a high performance Field-Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) for emulation of micro controller and periphery that guarantees high flexibility by design and allows cost reductions over existing arrays.
- Tata Steel is interested in a cost effective method for the production of concentrated sulphuric acid from the by-product of one of its manufacturing processes.
- Yanfeng is searching for a pad construction and configuration design to allow for the printing of deep corners of a 3-D cavity substrate.
Innovators interested in responding and joining the NineSights community are in excellent company, together with Ph.D. level experts across disciplines, and several Nobel Prize winners. Click here for more about NineSigma's solution providers and sign up today.
Tweet this: Check out what's new on #NineSights & create the future with #OpenInnovation http://9sig.co/ninesights
NineSigma connects organizations with external innovation resources to accelerate innovation in private, public and social sectors. NineSigma has the largest open global network of solution providers and an extensive database of existing solutions spanning numerous industries and technical disciplines. In 2015, the company was again named to the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies in America. Learn more at www.ninesigma.com or www.ninesights.com.
Jackie Lucas, Warner Communications, Jackie@warnerpr.com, 978-255-1159
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ninesigma-announces-new-opportunities-for-innovators-to-shape-the-future-on-ninesights-300240335.html