LAS VEGAS, April 10, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- NAB SHOW -- In response to Iron Mountain's decision to cease operations for its public cloud storage business, Nirvanix today announced that it will offer all stranded customers free data migration services into the Nirvanix Cloud Storage Network—plus unlimited storage—free for 30 days. As a second-generation, battle-hardened global grid of interconnected nodes that span three continents, the Cloud Storage Network stores multiple Petabytes of content that is accessed by over 1,200 companies on a daily basis. Nirvanix is also offering stranded Iron Mountain customers the option of implementing a Hybrid, Federated Cloud or Private Cloud Storage solution—all with the same usage-based pricing, global namespace and elastic flexibility of its public cloud.
"The world's leading media companies, financial institutions, technology bellwethers, and large multi-national corporations are storing, accessing and sharing data using Nirvanix cloud storage solutions today," said Scott Genereux, President and CEO of Nirvanix. "With Nirvanix, Iron Mountain Digital customers can rest assured that their data is 100-percent safe, encrypted, always available and backed by a company whose business is rapidly increasing as cloud adoption momentum continues across the enterprise. Our partnerships with Dell and HP provide customers additional peace of mind, enabling them to acquire Nirvanix technology with the backing of these established industry titans."
In contrast to Iron Mountain Digital, Nirvanix's enterprise-class cloud storage solutions enable customers to:
- Enjoy unlimited content uploads and downloads for one flat monthly rate, including all bandwidth, replication, uploads and downloads
- Move petabytes of data into the Nirvanix Cloud with the company's CloudNAS Gateway—which turns any server or Virtual Machine (VM) on the network into a dedicated gateway to the cloud
- Provision their own data from a dedicated customer management console
- Select specifically where their data resides (Los Angeles, New Jersey, Dallas, Tokyo, Frankfurt, Bern, Zurich or their own private data center)
- Migrate data across continents, redefining the meaning of business continuity
- Maintain multiple copies of their data in multiple locations to satisfy both in-country and out-of-region requirements
- Leverage the business and technology benefits of a single global namespace specifically designed to handle millions of users and billions of files
- Choose from production-grade public, private and hybrid cloud storage options
- Protect their data with secure multi-tenancy and the ability to create sub-directories and child accounts under their storage domain
- Set up specific billing policies and metrics for each individual business unit or user
"Nirvanix is first and foremost a technology innovation company with a singular focus and a singular vision—storage in the cloud, made available on a pay-as-you-go basis," continued Genereux. "Our business is exclusively focused on servicing enterprise-class customers in this rapidly expanding market."
"Suppliers often get caught up in the hype of new markets and enter businesses either prematurely or with inflated expectations of success," said David Vellante, President & Co-Founder of Wikibon.org, a leading IT think tank. "Ironically, Wikibon members indicate that their adoption of public cloud services accelerated by as much as twelve to eighteen months as a direct result of the economic downturn in 2008 and 2009. Coming out of the recession, we've seen momentum in storage cloud activity continue led by businesses such as Nirvanix's at the enterprise-level. Wikibon's user members report continued strong adoption of cloud services generally and storage services specifically and we expect even stronger revenue growth in 2011 and beyond."
Iron Mountain Digital customers who would like to learn more about this program should contact Nirvanix at firstname.lastname@example.org or (619) 764-5650 x330.
Nirvanix is the leading provider of enterprise-class cloud storage services. The company offers cloud storage solutions designed specifically for customers with expectations of extreme security, reliability and redundancy levels. Under its CloudComplete™ portfolio, Nirvanix provides variable cloud deployment options, including CloudNAS® Gateways, the public cloud Storage Delivery Network™, and hNode™ hybrid and private cloud solutions. The company's battle-hardened, proven second generation technology is fully integrated with Symantec NetBackup™ and enables One Click to the Cloud™ for secure and seamless data migration. Nirvanix has over 1,200 global customers accessing its SDN, from SMBs to Fortune 500 companies.
Trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of the companies with which they are associated.