JERSEY CITY, N.J., April 22, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- New Jersey City University (NJCU) is a great investment for students and the community.
The University has received national recognition for many of its outstanding rankings and achievements.
NJCU continues to have the lowest tuition and fees of all of the public four-year colleges and universities in New Jersey, and 10 years after graduation, NJCU students earn 22% more than the national average income.
NJCU students graduate with an average of $10,966 in debt— an amount 35% lower than the national average of $16,789.
Among 2015 "Best Bang-for-the-Buck Colleges"
NJCU's recent outstanding college rankings were many and in various categories:
- Washington Monthly, one of the most prestigious publications that measures universities, ranked NJCU as one of the Top 10 "Best Bang for the Buck" schools in the Northeast, and #2 in New Jersey for serving students in need.
- U.S. News & World Report ranked NJCU as the best public school in New Jersey for ethnic diversity.
- NJCU was recently ranked 2nd among New Jersey's four-year nursing programs in "America's Best Nursing Schools for the Eastern Region" for 2015 by Nurse Journal. NJCU is in the top 20% in the nation when compared with all nursing programs in the survey.
- NJCU was selected as a "Top School" in the 2016 Military Advanced Education & Transition Guide to Colleges & Universities.
- NJCU was named to the 2016 Military Friendly Schools® list of G.I. Jobs Magazine, a directory that highlights only the top 15 of all United States Department of Veterans Affairs-approved schools and is a widely recognized mark of excellence.
NJCU Debt-Free Promise Program
Although NJCU students already graduate with the lowest rate of indebtedness (tuition and fees) of any other public college in New Jersey. The NJCU Debt-Free Promise Program seeks to ensure that every student graduates with a clean financial slate by eliminating the need to take on unnecessary debt so that they can begin their professional careers unencumbered by financial burdens.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/njcu-is-tops-for-diversity-access-300256035.html
SOURCE New Jersey City University