27 New and Updated Software & Information Industry Awards Reflect Dramatic Growth in Mobile, Social, Cloud, Video, Semantic Technology, Personalized Learning, and Big Data
WASHINGTON, Aug. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA), the principal trade association for the software and information industries, today opened nominations for the 2013 SIIA CODiE Awards. The 2013 CODiE Awards feature 27 new and updated categories, reflecting the dramatic changes in technology and business models impacting the software and information industries.
The CODiE Awards have been the premier award for the software and information industries for 28 years. The awards program has three tracks organized by industry focus: Content, Education and Software.
Highlights of this year's awards:
Content: The SIIA Content CODiE Awards showcase the information industry's finest products, technology and services created by, or for, media, publishers and information services providers.
- Fourteen new and updated categories reflect new technology and business models in the content industry including: Best Crowd Sourced Solution, Best Editorial Outsourcing Solution, Best Semantic Technology Solution and Best Social Media Platform
- The Content CODiE Awards will be presented on January 31st during the Content Divisions annual conference for Information Industry leaders, the Information Industry Summit
Education: The SIIA Education CODiE Awards showcase applications, products and services from developers of educational software, digital content, online learning services, and related technologies across the K-20 sector.
- The new Best Personalized Learning Solution category highlights the major educational shift toward individual, tailored learning plans for students. Three new top-level categories will reward the best of the best of PK-12, postsecondary, and overall education nominees.
- Education winners will be announced in San Francisco on May 6 during the Ed Tech Industry Summit.
Software: The SIIA Software CODiE Awards showcase applications, products and services that are developed by independent software vendors (ISVs) for use in business, government, academic, or other organizational settings.
- Twelve new and updated categories reflect the continued growth and evolution of cloud computing, mobile, big data, and video. Highlights include Best Cloud Platform as a Service Solution, Best Big Data Solution, Best Mobile Device Application for Consumers, Best Mobile Device Application for Enterprise, and Best Video Tool.
- Software winners will be announced in San Francisco on May 9 during the software industry's premier ISV conference, All About the Cloud.
"Each year, the CODiE Awards serve as a bellwether for emerging trends in the software and information industries," said SIIA President Ken Wasch. "We've been updating our categories every year since the program began in 1986 to make sure the awards reflect change and growth in our industries. This is an exciting time of year for us, because we get to learn about so many exciting new products and services. We're looking forward to watching mobile, social and cloud intersect in new and innovative ways."
"The CODiE Awards provide a great opportunity to set themselves apart from other innovators," Wasch continued. "It's a great reward for the developers, but it also has significant payoff in terms of bragging rights in a CODiE Award winner's market."
The Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) is the principal trade association for the software and information industry. SIIA provides global services in government relations, business development, corporate education, and intellectual property protection to more than 500 leading software and information companies. Learn more at www.siia.net.
About the SIIA CODiE™ Awards
The SIIA CODiE™ Awards, originally called the Excellence in Software Awards, were established in 1986 by the Software Publishers Association (SPA), now the Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA), so that pioneers of the then-nascent software industry could evaluate and honor each other's work. Since then, the CODiE Awards program has carried out the same purpose – to showcase the software and information industry's finest products and services and to honor excellence in corporate achievement. Learn more at www.siia.net/codies.
SIIA Communications Contact: Laura Greenback, 410.533.1943, [email protected]
PR Contact (Business Software & Content): Beth Dozier, Rational 360, 202.429.1833, [email protected]
PR Contact (Education Technology): Charlene Blohm, C. Blohm & Associates, 608.216.7300, [email protected]
SOURCE Software & Information Industry Association