INDIANAPOLIS, Jan. 29, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- OneCause, a leader in mobile fundraising, announced nonprofits raised $440 million on its fundraising platform in 2018, an increase of 47 percent over the prior year. This past year, OneCause celebrated ten years in nonprofit fundraising reaching a milestone of $1.5 billion proceeds raised on its platform since inception.
"2018 was a tremendous year of growth for our nonprofit customers and OneCause," said Steve Johns, chief executive officer of OneCause. "With our rebrand to OneCause (formerly BidPal), expansion into peer-to-peer fundraising, and additional investment to accelerate product innovation, we continue to grow our integrated fundraising platform to help even more nonprofits raise funds for their causes."
Key milestones in 2018 include:
- Announcement of the new OneCause brand, cementing the progression from BidPal, a single-point solution centered around nonprofit events, to a year-round fundraising solution.
- Subscribers grew 36 percent in 2018 signaling a significant shift to a SaaS business model as more nonprofits continue to take advantage of OneCause's full fundraising suite.
- Total fundraisers powered by OneCause rose 37 percent to more than 5,200 campaigns contributing to the $440 million raised by nonprofits.
- OneCause secured $4 million in new growth financing to aggressively accelerate development of its fully integrated fundraising platform and strategic growth into social fundraising with the acquisition of Austin-based peer-to-peer fundraising platform, Great Feats.
- The forward-thinking OneCause Social Donor Study for the first time explored the unique motivators, giving behaviors, and engagement preferences of an emerging category of Social Donors, those who give through event-based and peer-to-peer fundraising.
"Today, nonprofits must compete for the attention of constantly connected donors and also deliver streamlined giving experiences to meet the sophisticated expectations of "one-click to purchase" consumers," said Johns. "Our mission is to help build a better tomorrow by delivering the very best value in nonprofit fundraising software to meet the needs of future donors and fundraisers."
OneCause creates user-friendly fundraising software that helps nonprofits engage donors, raise more money and save valuable time and resources. Our full suite of cloud-based fundraising solutions has powered 5,000 organizations, well over 20,000 fundraising events, and helped nonprofits raise more than $1.5 billion. Located in the marketing technology hub of Indianapolis, OneCause has been recognized on the Inc. 500 list of Fastest Growing Companies, received a Techpoint MIRA award for Mobile Technology Excellence & Innovation, and was awarded a Silver Stevie® Award in the Customer Service Department of the Year – Computer Software category.