WATSONVILLE, Calif., Feb. 16, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Nordic Naturals has always embraced education and research as important components of its mission to correct the insufficiency of omega-3 fatty acids in diets worldwide. To date, Nordic Naturals fish oils have been used, without solicitation, in 14 published studies by independent research institutions such as Stanford University, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and Massachusetts General Hospital. These studies add to the large and growing body of evidence showing benefits of marine omega-3 fatty acids for a variety of health concerns. Thirty additional studies using Nordic Naturals oils are currently underway.
"Many of these studies are funded by the National Institute of Health (NIH), which requires rigorous documentation for purity, potency, and stability of the oils used," notes Joar Opheim, CEO and founder of Nordic Naturals. "Our fish oils exceed both medical and pharmaceutical standards with unsurpassed quality and assurance. Research institutions respect our leading edge technologies and consistently choose our products for clinical trials —we are proud to have built an unmatched reputation in the scientific and medical communities."
The 14 published studies show a full range of application including support for cardiovascular health, behavior/mood, blood sugar, brain health, circulation, bronchial health and the natural anti-inflammatory response. The research can be found in the following publications:
- Public Library of Science ONE 2010 Oct 18;5(10): e13487. (3250 mg EPA + 2250 DHA daily for 42 days)
- Neuroscience 2010 Jun 16;168(1):130–7 (dosage N/A; duration: 7 days)
- Journal of Renal Nutrition 2010 March 18:1–5 (2120 mg EPA + 548 mg DHA daily for 56 days)
- Brain Research 2009 May 13 (dosage N/A; duration: 12 days)
- Sports Health 2009:1;1 21-30 (1300 mg EPA + 900 mg DHA daily for 60 days)
- Journal of American Dietetic Assoc. 2008;108;9:A104 (1590 mg EPA + 411 mg DHA daily for 28 days)
- Neuroscience 2008;155(3):751-9 (dosage N/A; duration: 7 days)
- Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology 2006;26(6):661-5 (2125 mg EPA + 500 mg DHA daily for 180 days)
- Surgical Neurology 2006;65(4):326-331 (650 mg EPA + 450 mg DHA daily for 42 days)
- Adoption Today 2006;38-39 (135 mg EPA + 90 mg DHA + 33 mg GLA daily for 180 days)
- Diabetes 2006 June;55(6):A382 (dosage and duration N/A)
- Autism-Asperger's Digest 2005;36-37 (135 mg EPA + 90 mg DHA + 33 mg GLA daily for 90 days)
- Neuropsychopharmacology 2005 Dec;30 Suppl 1:S104 (2125 mg EPA + 550 mg DHA daily for 180 days)
These abstracts can be viewed at www.omega-research.com.
Since 1995, Nordic Naturals has been the industry leader in fish oil supplementation, setting standards of excellence in the areas of purity, freshness, taste, and sustainability. Distributing to over 30 countries on 6 continents, Nordic Naturals offers over 150 products in a variety of flavors, concentrations, and delivery forms. 800.662.2544; www.nordicnaturals.com.
SOURCE Nordic Naturals