The legal Cannabis revolution is only beginning. The 80+ years prohibition against its use is now ending and the tides are clearly turning. Despite being illegal for so long, more than 37 million people in the U.S. and millions more in Canada use Cannabis, both legally and illicitly. As a result, the market for Cannabis in North America already is large and growing quickly. In 2018, more than $41 billion will be sold and by 2026 that figure will rise to $95 billion.
The Cannabis revolution offers new hope for many medical problems, a substitute for alcohol and tobacco, and unrivaled investment opportunities for individuals and companies wanting participation in this emerging market.
This report is focused on the U.S. and Canada (North America) markets for Cannabis, both legal and illicit.
Specifically, this report covers:
North America Cannabis industry including market size and growth, price trends and competitive environment including the black market.
United States Cannabis market size and growth, regulation issues, market drivers, transition from illicit to legal, prices, user base, incidence of use, tax incentives, legal risks, financing issues, state metrics and characteristics, branding, derivative products, threats/opportunities to other industries.
Canada Cannabis industry including market size and growth, country metrics, regulation issues, comparisons with Colorado and California, black market, prices, market potential, production capacity, supply concerns, opportunities beyond cultivation, competitive environment.
2. Introduction Report Objectives Methodology and Sources Statistical Notes
3. North America Cannabis Market U.S. and Canada Market Cannabis Is a Commodity Prices Price by Where Grown Price Deflation Drivers Competitive Environment Black Market
4. United States Cannabis Industry What Is Cannabis Prohibition Ending Key Takeaways Primed for a 6X Increase Legitimate Industry Seeing Growing Investments Impact on Alcohol and Tobacco Regulation Key Gating Factor Health Care Long-Term Opportunity Life Science Tools Opportunity Market Drivers Cannabis Legalization in the United States Sales by State Schedule I Classification Continues to Weigh on the U.S. Industry Legal Markets Complications Popular Support Transitioning from the Illicit Market Highly Engaged User Base Incidence Continues to Grow User Base Growing Growing Per Capita Spend Tax Incentives $50 Billion Industry Opportunities for Industry Growth Migrate Illicit Market Expand Addressable Market Incidence and Users Increasing Risks Federal Schedule I Classification Sessions Memorandum Marijuana Cases Drop Sharply Congress State Level Regulation to Drive Feds Unfavorable Federal Tax Rules Financing Repatriation of Profits Scale Prohibitions U.S. Partnerships in Canada Selected U.S. States Oregon Background State Metrics and Characteristics Estimated Market Size Nevada Background State Metrics and Characteristics Estimated Market Size Washington State Background State Metrics and Characteristics Assets Become More Specialized Cannabis as an Ingredient Branding Cannabis New Ways for Consuming Derivative Categories Cannabis as a Threat and Opportunity Alcohol and Tobacco Hemp and CBD Based Products
5. Canada Cannabis Industry Key Takeaways Background Country Metrics Market Size Canada Compared to Colorado Canada Compared to California Canada Black Market Canada Incidence of Use Regulation Cannabis Act Bill Edibles and Concentrates Initial Sales Levels May Be Slower Than Expected Illicit Market Exceeds Legal Short- and Long-Term Market Potential Production Capacity Supply Concerns Opportunities Beyond Cultivation Value-Added Processing/Branded Products Global Export Markets Competitive Environment Long-Term Value Ready to Sell Product Expected Supply Shortfall
6. Company Profiles ABcann Global Corporation (Company Overview, Vanluven Facility, Kimmett Expansion, Production Capacity, Products/Brands, Dried Cannabis, Exceptional Yields, Sales/Distribution, Export Markets, Market Strategy, Product Development, R&D, Patients, Cost Per Gram, Costs for Expansion, Advisory Board, Share Structure, Revenue Forecast, Financials) Aphria Inc. (Company Overview, Products, Facilities, Major Greenhouses, Increasing Capacity, Recreational Agreements, Wholesale Agreements, Oil Processing, Exports, International May Disappoint, Medical Market, ACMPR, Line Expansions, Second Largest LP, Cash Costs, Expansion Plans, Partners, Double Diamond JV, Inexpensive New Capacity, Big Winner, Shakeout Coming, Financials) Aurora Cannabis Inc. (Company Overview, Facilities, Domestic Expansion, Major Greenhouses, CanniMed Acquistion, Products/Brands, Dried Cannabis, Cannabis Oils, Partnership with Radient Technologies, Hemp Acquisition, Superior Breeding Technology, Superior Strains, Low-Cost Advantages, First Mobile App, Same Day Delivery, International Expansion, Vape Partnership, Choom Holdings, Anandia Laboratories, Capcium Inc., Aurora EV, Upside Case, Base Case, Downside Case) CannaRoyalty Corp (Company Overview, River Wellness, CR Holdings, Trichome, Available Market, Competitive Environment, Distribution Companies, Brands, Vape Pens, Ultra-Premium Products, Edibles, Consumer Choices, Leverage, California Strategy, Kaya Management, Alta Supply Inc., Financials) Canopy Growth Corp. (Company Overview, Products, Brand Strategy, Domestic Expansion, Timeline, International Expansion, Germany, Australia, Denmark, Jamaica, International Risks, Financials) Cronos Group Inc. (Company Overview, Brands, Peace Naturals, Original BC, Whistler Medical Marijuana, Israel JV, Platform for Growth, Distribution Opportunities, Israel Like Canada, Further Expansion, Israeli Medical Cannabis Market, Regulatory Changes, Export Markets, Financials) MedReleaf Corp. (Company Overview, Facilities, Markham Facility, Bradford Facility, Capacity Expansion, Exeter Facility, Positive Impact, Retrofit Costs, Competitive Advantage, Products/Brands, Cannabis Oils, Cannabis Oil Capsules, Tikun Olam JV, ISO Certification, Analytical Approach, Superior Yields, Sales/Distribution, Export Markets, Veterans Affairs, Marijuana and PTSD, Third-Party Insurance, Financials) The Hydropothecary Corporation (Company Overview, Premium Product, VAC Impact, Facilities Expansion, Expansion CAPEX, Strong Product Innovation. Decarb, Elixir No.1, Cannabis Awards, Structured Innovation, Top-Tier Producer, Strong Growth Profile, Competitive Advantages in Quebec, Quebec Recreational Market, Quebec Supply Partner)