LONDON, June 14 /PRNewswire/ -- Northern Trust (Nasdaq: NTRS) announced today that Penelope Biggs has been appointed as head of Northern Trust's Institutional Investor Group for Europe Middle East and Africa (EMEA). Her appointment further aligns Northern Trust's sales and client servicing teams and supports a continued focus on providing market-leading solutions to clients.
In her new role, Biggs will lead client servicing and sales, consulting and marketing for the Institutional Investor Group, which provides asset servicing solutions to institutional investors, such as pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, and insurance companies.
Biggs, who joined Northern Trust in 1996, was most recently head of business development, marketing, product and strategy for Northern Trust's asset servicing business in EMEA. She also chairs Northern Trust's Retirement Solutions Practice, an advisory group dedicated to helping institutions navigate the complexities of the global retirement market.
"Penny has been instrumental in developing our asset servicing business in EMEA," said Biff Bowman, CEO of Northern Trust in EMEA. "We are delighted to appoint Penny to this new role where she can utilise her extensive experience to support our clients' needs."
Biggs takes on an expanded role from Peter Holman, who has been named Chief Administration Officer for EMEA. In this newly created role, Holman will oversee Northern Trust's EMEA product team as well as the Investment Risk and Analytical Services group. He has over 25 years of industry experience and joined Northern Trust in 1995.
"We have seen our clients' requirements become increasingly sophisticated as they focus on solutions that can help them manage risk -- from products designed to help manage regulatory reporting requirements to those that satisfy demands for transparency and integrated reporting data," said Bowman.
"By creating this new role, which aligns the product and risk teams together under Peter, we are better positioned to continue providing our clients with innovative and market-leading solutions that cater to their evolving requirements."
About Northern Trust
Northern Trust Corporation (Nasdaq: NTRS) is a leading provider of investment management, asset and fund administration, banking solutions and fiduciary services for corporations, institutions and affluent individuals worldwide. Northern Trust, a financial holding company based in Chicago, has offices in 18 U.S. states and 16 international locations in North America, Europe, the Middle East and the Asia-Pacific region. As of March 31, 2010, Northern Trust had assets under custody of US$3.7 trillion, and assets under investment management of US$647.3 billion. For 120 years, Northern Trust has earned distinction as an industry leader in combining exceptional service and expertise with innovative products and technology. For more information, visit www.northerntrust.com.
Northern Trust Corporation, Head Office: 50 South La Salle Street, Chicago, Illinois 60603 U.S.A., incorporated with limited liability in the U.S.
The Northern Trust Company, London Branch (reg. no. BR001960), Northern Trust Global Investments Limited (reg. no. 03929218) and Northern Trust Global Services Limited (reg. no. 04795756) are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
The material within and any linked material accessed via this communication is directed to eligible counterparties and professional clients only and should not be distributed to or relied upon by retail investors. For Asia Pacific markets, it is directed to institutional investors, expert investors and professional investors only and should not be relied upon by retail investors.
- Northern Trust (Guernsey) Limited, Northern Trust Fiduciary Services (Guernsey) Limited, Northern Trust Fiduciary Company (Guernsey) Limited and Northern Trust International Fund Administration Services (Guernsey) Limited are licensed by the Guernsey Financial Services Commission.
- Northern Trust International Fund Administrators (Jersey) Limited and Northern Trust Fiduciary Services (Jersey) Limited are regulated by the Jersey Financial Services Commission.
- Northern Trust International Fund Administration Services (Ireland) Limited and Northern Trust Fiduciary Services (Ireland) Limited are regulated by the Financial Regulator.
- Northern Trust Global Services Limited has a Netherlands Branch which is authorised and regulated in the Netherlands by De Nederlandsche Bank.
- Northern Trust Global Services Limited has a Luxembourg Branch which is authorised and regulated by the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF).
- Northern Trust Luxembourg Management Company S.A. is regulated by the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF).
- Northern Trust Global Services Limited operates in Abu Dhabi as a Representative Office, Licence number 13/238/2008 which is authorised and regulated by the Central Bank of the United Arab Emirates.
- The Northern Trust Company operates in Canada as The Northern Trust Company, Canada Branch which is an authorized foreign bank branch under the Bank Act (Canada). Trustee related services in Canada are provided by the wholly owned subsidiary The Northern Trust Company, Canada, an authorized trust company under the Trust & Loans Companies Act (Canada). Deposits with The Northern Trust Company and its affiliates and subsidiaries are not insured by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation.
- The Northern Trust Company operates in Australia as a foreign authorised deposit-taking institution (foreign ADI) and is regulated by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority.
- The Northern Trust Company of Hong Kong Limited is a securities company regulated by the Securities and Futures Commission.
- The Northern Trust Company has a Singapore Branch which is a foreign wholesale bank regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
- The Northern Trust Company operates in China as a Representative Office and is regulated by the China Banking Regulatory Commission.
- Northern Trust Global Investments Japan, K.K. is regulated by the Japan Financial Services Agency.
- Northern Trust Global Services Ltd (UK) Sweden Filial is Authorised by the Financial Services Authority and subject to regulation by the Finansinspektionen.
IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE: To the extent that this message or any attachment concerns tax matters, it is not intended to be used and cannot be used by a taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed by law. For more information about this notice, see http://www.northerntrust.com/circular230.
SOURCE Northern Trust Corporation