LONDON, June 1 /PRNewswire/ -- Northern Trust (Nasdaq: NTRS) announced the latest enhancement to its Hedge Fund Monitor solution today, with the addition of a new compliance module designed to support the unique demands of UCITS funds-of-hedge funds.
"Our latest Hedge Fund Monitor enhancement helps fund managers running UCITS funds-of-hedge funds to monitor their compliance with restrictions on liquidity, concentration risk and exposure to underlying non-UCITS funds," said Ian Headon, senior product manager for alternative asset servicing at Northern Trust.
"In addition to real time, customised investment compliance measurement and performance and liquidity reporting, we have added functions specific to restrictions and guidelines relating to UCITS funds. This assists managers in assessing a fund's self-imposed strategy and geographical restrictions along with compliance with UCITS guidelines," he added.
UCITS – Undertakings for Collective Investment in Transferable Securities – are a set of European Union directives that allow collective investment schemes to operate throughout the European Union on the basis of a single authorisation from one member state. UCITS funds must operate within a strict regulatory framework that imposes standards on liquidity, concentration risk, transparency and other attributes.
"Northern Trust is committed to meeting the asset servicing needs of traditional and alternative investment managers, often with complex fund structures and multi-jurisdictional requirements," said Wilson Leech, head of Northern Trust's Global Fund Services business. "Through our Hedge Fund Monitor solution, we remain focused on helping our clients to manage risk, liquidity and counter-party exposures, and enhance operational control and governance through the availability of timely, automated data that is critical to their portfolio management processes."
Northern Trust's latest enhancement to the Hedge Fund Monitor comes at a time when a growing number of investors require greater transparency while demand also increases for separately managed accounts and regulated products such as UCITS funds. There is also the emergence of UCITS funds-of-hedge funds – a UCITS fund investing in underlying UCITS alternative funds.
Note to editors:
Are you attending this year's Fund Forum event? Northern Trust's hedge funds expert, Ian Headon, will be discussing this and other topics affecting hedge funds and funds-of-hedge funds during his presentation: "How investor behaviour is driving hedge fund managers". He will be presenting on Tuesday 29 June at 17:45. Please do not hesitate to contact Camilla Greene, Media Relations, EMEA, should you wish to set up an interview at the event. For further information about Fund Forum visit: www.icbi-fundforum.com
About Northern Trust
Northern Trust Corporation (Nasdaq: NTRS) is a leading provider of investment management, asset and fund administration, banking solutions and fiduciary services for corporations, institutions and affluent individuals worldwide. Northern Trust, a financial holding company based in Chicago, has offices in 18 U.S. states and 16 international locations in North America, Europe, the Middle East and the Asia-Pacific region. As of March 31, 2010, Northern Trust had assets under custody of US$3.7 trillion, and assets under investment management of US$647.3 billion. For 120 years, Northern Trust has earned distinction as an industry leader in combining exceptional service and expertise with innovative products and technology. For more information, visit www.northerntrust.com.
Northern Trust Corporation, Head Office: 50 South La Salle Street, Chicago, Illinois 60603 U.S.A., incorporated with limited liability in the U.S.
The Northern Trust Company, London Branch (reg. no. BR001960), Northern Trust Global Investments Limited (reg. no. 03929218) and Northern Trust Global Services Limited (reg. no. 04795756) are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
The material within and any linked material accessed via this communication is directed to eligible counterparties and professional clients only and should not be distributed to or relied upon by retail investors. For Asia-Pacific markets, it is directed to institutional investors, expert investors and professional investors only and should not be relied upon by retail investors.
- Northern Trust (Guernsey) Limited, Northern Trust Fiduciary Services (Guernsey) Limited, Northern Trust Fiduciary Company (Guernsey) Limited and Northern Trust International Fund Administration Services (Guernsey) Limited are licensed by the Guernsey Financial Services Commission.
- Northern Trust International Fund Administrators (Jersey) Limited and Northern Trust Fiduciary Services (Jersey) Limited are regulated by the Jersey Financial Services Commission.
- Northern Trust International Fund Administration Services (Ireland) Limited and Northern Trust Fiduciary Services (Ireland) Limited are regulated by the Financial Regulator.
- Northern Trust Global Services Limited has a Netherlands Branch which is authorised and regulated in the Netherlands by De Nederlandsche Bank.
- Northern Trust Global Services Limited has a Luxembourg Branch which is authorised and regulated by the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF).
- Northern Trust Luxembourg Management Company S.A. is regulated by the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF).
- Northern Trust Global Services Limited operates in Abu Dhabi as a Representative Office, Licence number 13/238/2008 which is authorised and regulated by the Central Bank of the United Arab Emirates.
- The Northern Trust Company operates in Canada as The Northern Trust Company, Canada Branch which is an authorized foreign bank branch under the Bank Act (Canada). Trustee related services in Canada are provided by the wholly owned subsidiary The Northern Trust Company, Canada, an authorized trust company under the Trust & Loans Companies Act (Canada). Deposits with The Northern Trust Company and its affiliates and subsidiaries are not insured by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation.
- The Northern Trust Company operates in Australia as a foreign authorised deposit-taking institution (foreign ADI) and is regulated by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority.
- The Northern Trust Company f Hong Kong Limited is a securities company regulated by the Securities and Futures Commission.
- The Northern Trust Company has a Singapore Branch which is a foreign wholesale bank regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
- The Northern Trust Company operates in China as a Representative Office and is regulated by the China Banking Regulatory Commission.
- Northern Trust Global Investments Japan, K.K. is regulated by the Japan Financial Services Agency.
- Northern Trust Global Services Ltd (UK) Sweden Filial is Authorised by the Financial Services Authority and subject to regulation by the Finansinspektionen.
IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE: To the extent that this message or any attachment concerns tax matters, it is not intended to be used and cannot be used by a taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed by law. For more information about this notice, see http://www.northerntrust.com/circular230.
SOURCE Northern Trust Corporation