BURBANK, Calif., Oct. 29, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The leading third party manufacturer of video game accessories, Performance Designed Products (PDP), is now releasing the true wireless Afterglow AG 9 headset for under $100, and has already blown away expectations by taking over the #2 spot for the most sold third party headsets in the U.S., according to NPD. As reported by NPD, PDP-manufactured third party headsets have held a 19% market share over the last 12 months (NPD Group/U.S./Retail Tracking Service/Sept. 2014-Aug. 2015).
"The AG 9 is a game changer—the advanced technology in the wireless Afterglow AG 9 is found only in much higher priced headsets. PDP's engineering team developed the AG 9 to be a premium headset, with premium wireless audio technology, and at a price unmatched by anyone," said Tom Roberts, Chief Technology Officer of PDP. "The professional gamer will be blown away by the audio performance, and the casual gamer will love the price."
The Afterglow AG 9 for Xbox One is officially licensed by Microsoft and both versions include a USB transmitter, so gamers can chat without restriction—and still enjoy the quality they have come to expect from a premium wireless headset. Elevate the art of play with crystal clear audio, superior comfort, and additional advanced features for an immersive gaming experience. PDP is dedicated to continuously improving the quality of their products, going so far as to support the AG 9 with a 90-day money back guarantee (see below for more info). The full list of features for the Afterglow AG 9 include:
- Speak freely with 100% True Wireless chat: AG 9 is a completely wireless headset—meaning there are no wires connecting you to your console or your controller.
- Sound-isolated mic for zero chat echo: The adjustable and detachable boom microphone (with noise-canceling technology) give gamers more playing style options.
- Two distinct audio modes: Powerful 50mm Neodymium drivers help create a premium gaming atmosphere in both "Pure Audio" and "Bass Boost" modes.
- Split headband design: Enjoy long gaming sessions with the adjustable split headband and plush ear cushions for total comfort.
- Signature Afterglow lighting: See the light with Afterglow's signature LED lighting. The blackout lighting mode allows you to switch off the lights and admire the headset's inner circuitry.
The Afterglow AG 9 Wireless Headset has an estimated SRP of $99.99 and is now available online and at major retailers. PDP proudly stands behind the quality of the company's products. If consumers aren't 100% satisfied with the Afterglow AG 9 headset, they can contact PDP customer service for a full refund. Visit pdp.com/guarantee for more details.
About Performance Designed Products
As the #1 gaming accessories manufacturer, Performance Designed Products (PDP) designs high-quality and affordable products under a number of well-known brands, such as Afterglow, Rock Candy, and a growing portfolio of licenses.
Headquartered in Burbank, CA, with offices in San Diego, France, United Kingdom, Hong Kong, and China, PDP's products can be found in major retailers across the world. PDP and the PDP logo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Performance Designed Products LLC. All Rights Reserved.
About Patriarch Partners
Patriarch Partners, LLC, is a private equity firm and holding company managing 75 companies across 14 industry sectors with revenues in excess of $8 billion. Founded by Lynn Tilton in 2000, Patriarch was built upon a proprietary patented financial model designed to manage and monetize the distressed portfolios of financial institutions. For more information, please visit www.patriarchpartners.com.
SOURCE Performance Designed Products