MOSCOW, April 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- National Settlement Depository (NSD), Russia's only settlement depository servicing the full range of debt and equity securities of Russian issuers, reports that on 26 April it held an Annual General Meeting of its shareholders (AGM).
The company's shareholders elected 15 members of NSD Supervisory Board including:
- Ruben Aganbegyan, President, Chairman of the Executive Board, member of the Board of Directors, MICEX
- Eddie Astanin, Chairman of the Executive Board, NSD - Mikhail Bratanov, Director of Depository, ROSBANK (OJSC JSCB) - Anna Vyshlova, Managing Director, Renaissance Broker LLC - Oleg Vyugin, Chairman of the Board of Directors, MDM Bank - Bella Zlatkis, Deputy Chairman of the Executive Board, Sberbank - Maria Ivanova, Head of Domestic Custody Services, Deutsche Bank Ltd.
- Alexander Ikonnikov, Chairman of the Supervisory Board, Independent Directors Association
- Irina Ikonnikova, President, CJSC IC "Troika Dialog"
- Sergei Lykov, Member of the Management Board, Deputy Chairman, Vnesheconombank
- Vladimir Tatsiy, First Vice President, GPB (OJSC)
- Nadezhda Ushakova, Senior Vice President, Head of Depository, JSC VTB Bank
- Alexei Fedotov, Head of Securities and Funds Service, ZAO Citibank
- Tatiana Fomina, Head of Financial Market Operations Directorate in the Banking Operations Department, ZAO UniCreditBank
- Alexander Scheglov, Director General, Open Joint Stock Company Investment Company "ZERICH Capital Management"
The AGM has also elected the new members of the company's Audit Committee:
- Olga Gordienko, Chief Accountant, MICEX
- Irina Ryazhskikh, Director, Financial Department, MICEX
- Vladimir Sukhachev, Expert, Audit Committee in the Board of Directors, MICEX.
Eddie Astanin was appointed the Chairman of the Management Board of NSD with terms of powers until the date of NSD's AGM planned to be held in 2014.
At the first meeting of NSD Supervisory Board its members elected Bella Zlatkis the Board's Chairperson, and Ruben Aganbegyan the Board's Deputy Chairman. The Supervisory Board has also elected the company's Management Board members:
- Eddie Astanin, Chairman of the Management Board, NSD
- Ekaterina Demushkina, Deputy Chairperson of the Management Board, NSD
- Irina Veremeyenko, Chief Accountant, Director of Accounting Department, NSD
The shareholders have also approved the company's annual report and its annual accounting statement for 2010, and took into consideration of a report by the Audit Committee based on results of the audit of NSD's financial and economic activities for 2010.
For 2010 NSD's net revenues according to RAS amounted to RUB2.122 billion. The company's operating expenditures for 2010 reached RUB726.554 million. NSD's profit after tax amounted to RUB1.032 billion. NSD's internal funds according to RAS was RUB7.868 billion as of 1 January, 2011.
The shareholders made decision to distribute the company's net profit for 2010 as follows: RUB138,851,140.55 are to be spent for formation of the company's reserve fund, and RUB892,872,421.22 are to be paid to the shareholders as dividend.
The AGM has also made the following decisions:
- A sum of RUB3,507,125,487.78 representing a part of NSD's undistributed profit for the previous years is to be spend for dividend payment
- A sum of dividend per one NSD's common share is to amount to RUB3,726.68 (before tax for income received in the form of dividend in compliance with the subparagraph 1 of the paragraph 3 of the clause 284 of Russia's Tax Code)
- A term of dividend payment is to amount to 30 days since the day of AGM's decision on dividend payment.
NSD's shareholders also approved Ernst&Young Vneshaudit CJSC to conduct the RAS and IFRS audit until the date of NSD's AGM planned to be held in 2012.
National Settlement Depository (NSD) is the largest settlement depository in Russia, a part of the MICEX Group, servicing on-exchange and OTC transactions with all types of debt and equity securities of Russian issuers and providing settlement services to participants in financial markets of the Russian Federation.
NSD provides storage of global certificates and depository accounting for 99% of corporate bond issues, sub-federal and municipal bond issues. It services 100% of transactions conducted in the federal bond and the Bank of Russia bond markets, more than 99% of transactions conducted in the corporate and regional bond markets, the majority of transactions with equities and also services UIT units and securities of foreign issuers.
In accordance with agreements concluded between NSD and the Bank of Russia, NSD acts as a settlement center for the organized securities market.
NSD is Russia's national numbering agency and the substitute numbering agency for the CIS, authorized to assign the international ISIN and CFI codes.
SOURCE NSD Public Affairs Division