PROVO, Utah, Dec. 4, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- In connection with its annual investor day, Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc. ( NYSE: NUS) today reiterated its fourth-quarter and full-year 2015 outlook and announced financial guidance for 2016.
"We have generated positive momentum this quarter with the initial introduction of ageLOC Me and ageLOC Youth," said Truman Hunt, president and chief executive officer. "Last month we had a strong response to the introduction of ageLOC Youth in the Americas, and this month, we are introducing ageLOC Me in South Korea and Japan. We believe the excitement among our sales leaders and consumers for both new products bodes well for our growth prospects in 2016."
The company reiterated fourth-quarter 2015 revenue guidance of $570 to $590 million and earnings per share of $0.70 to $0.73. The company anticipates 2016 revenue of $2.29 to $2.33 billion representing growth of 5 to 7 percent in local currency, with a projected negative foreign currency impact of 4 percent. Earnings per share in 2016 are estimated to be $3.25 to $3.40.
Nu Skin's management team will share details of the company's 2016 and longer-term growth plans at its annual investor conference today.
A webcast of the event will start at 9 a.m. EST and will be available at ir.nuskin.com. A replay of the webcast, along with accompanying slides and financial information, will be made available from the same location through the end of the year.
About Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc.
Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc. demonstrates its tradition of innovation through its comprehensive anti-aging product portfolio, independent business opportunity and corporate social responsibility initiatives. The company's scientific leadership in both skin care and nutrition has established Nu Skin as a premier anti-aging company. The company's anti-aging products feature the ageLOC® line of products including the ageLOC Me customized skin care system, ageLOC Youth and ageLOC R2 nutritional supplements, as well as ageLOC Tru Face® Essence Ultra firming serum, the ageLOC TR90® weight management and body shaping system and the ageLOC Transformation daily skin care system. A global direct selling company, Nu Skin operates in 54 markets worldwide and is traded on the New York Stock Exchange. More information is available at nuskin.com.
Please note: This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, that represent the company's current expectations and beliefs. All statements other than statements of historical fact are "forward-looking statements" for purposes of federal and state securities laws and include, but are not limited to, statements of management's expectations regarding the company's performance, initiatives, growth and product offerings; projections regarding the company's future sales, earnings per share and foreign currency fluctuations; statements of belief; and statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. In some cases, you can identify these statements by forward-looking words such as "believe," "expect," "project," "estimate," "anticipate," "plan," "will," "would," "could," "may," "might," the negative of these words and other similar words.
The forward-looking statements and related assumptions involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results and outcomes to differ materially from any forward-looking statements or views expressed herein. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- any failure of current or planned initiatives or products to generate interest among our sales force and customers and generate sponsoring and selling activities on a sustained basis;
- risk of foreign currency fluctuations and the currency translation impact on the company's business associated with these fluctuations;
- risk that direct selling laws and regulations in any of our markets, including the United States and China, may be modified, interpreted or enforced in a manner that results in negative changes to our business model or negatively impacts our revenue, sales force or business, including through the interruption of sales activities, loss of licenses, imposition of fines, or any other adverse actions or events;
- risks related to accurately predicting, delivering or maintaining sufficient quantities of products to support our planned initiatives or launch strategies, and increased risk of inventory write-offs if we over-forecast demand for a product or change our planned initiatives or launch strategies;
- regulatory risks associated with the company's products, which could require the company to modify its claims or inhibit the company's ability to import or continue selling a product in a market if it is determined to be a medical device or if it is unable to register the product in a timely manner under applicable regulatory requirements;
- adverse publicity related to the company's business, products, industry or any legal actions or complaints by the company's sales force or others;
- risk that litigation, investigations or other legal matters could result in settlements, assessments or damages that significantly affect financial results;
- unpredictable economic conditions and events globally;
- any prospective or retrospective increases in duties on the company's products imported into the company's markets outside of the United States and any adverse results of tax audits or unfavorable changes to tax laws in the company's various markets; and
- continued competitive pressures in the company's markets.
The company's financial performance and the forward-looking statements contained herein are further qualified by a detailed discussion of associated risks set forth in the documents filed by the company with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The forward-looking statements set forth the company's beliefs as of the date that such information was first provided and the company assumes no duty to update the forward-looking statements contained herein to reflect any change except as required by law.
SOURCE Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc.