GULFPORT, Fla., April 28, 2014 Stetson's commencement takes place at 8:30 a.m. in the courtyard on the law school's Gulfport campus, 1401 61st St. S.
Liptak was a Pulitzer Prize finalist for his series "American Exception" and writes the popular "Sidebar" column on legal developments for The New York Times. Liptak has investigated topics including the rise in life sentences in the U.S. and the impact of campaign contributions on Ohio Supreme Court justices' voting records.
Among the 260 students walking at Stetson Law's commencement are 194 full-time students, 42 part-time JD students, six LL.M. in elder law students, eight LL.M. in international law students, two JD/Grado students, and eight JD/MBA students.
Outstanding members of this year's graduating class include:
- Shivani Alamo, an advocate for children and education reform who won the prestigious New Generation Award, a special Lewis Hine Award for Service to Children and Youth.
- Kevin Crews, a gifted writer who won both the 2013 and 2014 Florida Law Student Essay Contest. Crews also helped his team win the 2013 National Veterans Moot Court Competition in Washington, D.C.
- Bradley Muhs, articles and symposia editor of the Stetson Law Review and an associate justice of Stetson's award-winning Moot Court Board.
- R. Rockwell Seay, a member of Stetson's Trial Team who helped his fellow students sweep the Florida Bar Chester Bedell Mock Trial Competition.
- Elizabeth "Niki" Strickland, a U.S. Army Captain, dedicated Stetson student ambassador and student mentor.
About Stetson University College of Law
Stetson University College of Law, Florida's first law school, has prepared lawyers and leaders since 1900. Today, Stetson leads the nation in blending legal doctrine with practical training, evidenced by its top-ranked programs in advocacy and legal writing. Through our academically rigorous curriculum and commitment to social responsibility, Stetson lawyers are ethical advocates ready to succeed in the legal profession.
SOURCE Stetson University College of Law