SANTA CLARA, Calif. and NEW YORK, Oct. 12, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Palo Alto Networks® (NYSE: PANW), the next-generation security company, and the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Intercontinental Exchange (NYSE: ICE), today announced the publication of a new book, "Navigating the Digital Age: The Definitive Cybersecurity Guide for Directors and Officers" to provide boards, executives and officers at enterprises, government agencies and other organizations with practical, expert advice on how to best protect them from cyberattacks.
Collecting the expertise and experience of CEOs, CISOs, lawyers, forensic experts, consultants, academia, and current and former government officials, this anthology is intended for those new to the cybersecurity topic, as well as seasoned leaders in the field. It contains practical and expert advice on a range of cybersecurity issues, including compliance and breach avoidance, prevention and response.
- "No issue today has created more concern within corporate C-suites and boardrooms than cybersecurity. We believe that exemplary corporate governance is fundamental to the health of individual companies, as well our capital markets, which is why NYSE Governance Services is dedicated to offering solutions in compliance, governance and risk management."
- Tom Farley, president, New York Stock Exchange
- "We live in the digital age and cybersecurity attacks are eroding the trust that is so important for it to work. As a result, our lifestyle and productivity that we take for granted is increasingly at risk. Thoughtful government and business leaders recognize the importance of this issue, not only for their organizations, but society as well, and are keen to have a better understanding of the issues and solutions. We believe that education is a key element of the path forward and are proud to have partnered with the NYSE to produce this book, which will help leaders understand the landscape, ask the right questions, assist in fulfilling their fiduciary duties, and challenge status quo thinking about today's cyberthreat landscape."
- Mark McLaughlin, chairman, president and CEO, Palo Alto Networks
There are more than 35 contributors to the book, including:
- Michael Chertoff, former secretary of Homeland Security
- Adam Sodowick, president, NYSE Governance Services
- Charlie Scharf, CEO of VISA
- Mark McLaughlin, CEO of Palo Alto Networks
Additional organizations that provided insights for the book include the World Economic Forum (WEF), the U.S. Department of Justice (DoJ), the Georgia Institute of Technology, Wells Fargo, Booz Allen Hamilton and Baker & McKenzie.
All NYSE listed company board members will receive a copy of "Navigating the Digital Age: The Definitive Cybersecurity Guide for Directors and Officers." To learn more about cybersecurity from leading experts and book contributors, and to download your own copy of the book, visit: www.securityroundtable.org.
To learn more how Palo Alto Networks helps organizations prevent successful cyberattacks with its next-generation security platform, visit: www.paloaltonetworks.com.
About Palo Alto Networks
Palo Alto Networks is the next-generation security company, leading a new era in cybersecurity by safely enabling applications and preventing cyber breaches for tens of thousands of organizations worldwide. Built with an innovative approach and highly differentiated cyberthreat prevention capabilities, our game-changing security platform delivers security far superior to legacy or point products, safely enables daily business operations, and protects an organization's most valuable assets. Find out more at www.paloaltonetworks.com.
Palo Alto Networks and the Palo Alto Networks logo are trademarks of Palo Alto Networks, Inc. in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other trademarks, trade names or service marks used or mentioned herein belong to their respective owners.
About NYSE Governance Services
NYSE Governance Services is the leading governance, compliance and education solutions provider for companies and their boards of directors. Through a complete set of technology-enabled and data-driven solutions designed to address compliance, accountability and risk management, NYSE Governance Services helps companies comprehensively build a culture of integrity from employee to board level. For more information, connect with us at nyse.com/governance or @nysegov. NYSE Governance Services is a division of the New York Stock Exchange Group, an Intercontinental Exchange company (NYSE: ICE).
About NYSE Group
NYSE Group is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Intercontinental Exchange (NYSE: ICE), operator of the leading global network of exchanges and clearing houses. NYSE Group operates multi-asset exchanges, and a range of related data products and technology services. The company's equity exchanges - the New York Stock Exchange, NYSE MKT and NYSE Arca - trade more U.S. equity volume than any other exchange group. NYSE is the global leader in capital raising for listed companies, including the majority of technology IPOs globally since 2012. The company's equity options markets, NYSE Arca Options and NYSE Amex Options offer complementary market models. NYSE Group also provides comprehensive global connectivity services and a range of market data products to support efficient, transparent markets.
SOURCE Palo Alto Networks