O2 Launches Guru TV
New YouTube channel offers access to free, impartial advice and support
15 Apr, 2011, 11:50 ET
LONDON, April 15, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- O2 today unveiled a new You Tube channel, O2 Guru TV, offering free support and advice to help customers get the most of their mobile technology. O2 Guru TV aims to help make mobile technology accessible to everyone regardless of their level of technical expertise
It follows last year's launch of the in-store Guru service, which currently employs 150 Gurus in O2 stores throughout the country, and is due to expand to over 350 by the end of this year. The O2 Gurus are not only knowledgeable about mobile technology; they are also passionate about helping people and trained to explain things in simple, everyday terms.
O2 Guru TV is completely free to access and open to everyone -- not just O2 customers. There are currently over 400 videos available on the channel, covering a range of the most common queries related to popular devices. It also offers helpful hints and tips on how to get the most from your device, from common iPhone problems such as how to set up your iPhone Bluetooth to more universal tips such as how to get live traffic information on your phone.
Whether demonstrating how to do something as basic as sending a text on a BlackBerry or something more complex such as transferring contacts from one phone to another, the O2 Guru TV videos feature clear, step-by-step instructions. An important principle of the O2 Gurus is that they are intended purely to help, not to sell, and the same is true for O2 Guru TV. The videos are not designed to promote any particular product or O2 service, so users can experience free, impartial support and advice for their technology.
Sally Cowdry, Marketing Director, O2 said; "O2 Gurus are our most passionate and knowledge experts and can translate complex gadgets into something that everyone can easily understand. We know how much customers value our in store Gurus and with the launch of O2 Guru TV we're making it even easier for anyone to get technical help and advice from O2."
With over 50 videos being added every month, O2 Guru TV is one of the fastest growing channels of its kind on YouTube. For more information visit www.youtube.com/O2GuruTV
All O2 news release can be accessed at our website: www.o2.co.uk/news
- Telefonica O2 UK Limited is a leading communications company for consumers and businesses in the UK, with 22.2 million mobile customers and over 700,000 fixed broadband customers as at 31 December 2010.
- Telefonica O2 UK Limited is part of Telefonica Europe plc, a business division of Telefonica S.A. which uses O2 as its commercial brand in the UK, Ireland, Slovakia, Germany and the Czech Republic, and has 56.3 million customers across these markets.
- In 2006 Telefonica Europe acquired Be, the UK fixed broadband provider, and in October 2007 O2 launched its broadband service using the Be network.
- O2 is the naming rights partner of The O2, the world-class entertainment venue.
- O2 employs around 11,000 people in the UK and has 490 retail stores.
- In October 2010 O2 was voted the UK's best mobile network by the readers of both What Mobile and Mobile Choice magazine.
- O2 was ranked highest in customer satisfaction for both UK mobile and fixed broadband customers according to the J.D. Power and Associates UK Mobile and Fixed Broadband Studies 2010.
- O2's UK mobile network covers 99% of the UK's population. O2's 3G network covers over 84% of the UK population and is fully HSDPA-enabled, providing speeds of up to 7.2 Mbps for customers with an HSDPA-enabled device.
- Telefonica Europe also owns 50% of Tesco Mobile, which operates in the UK and Ireland, and 50% of Tchibo Mobilfunk in Germany.
- For further press information about O2 go to www.o2.co.uk/news
Share this article