COSTA MESA, Calif., Jan. 29 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The OC Fair & Event Center was recently awarded several top placements in the Western Fairs Association (WFA) annual Achievement Awards, which recognize excellence in the fair industry and provides a forum for fairs to share successful ideas and programs.
The 2009 OC Fair received first place rankings in:
- Radio Advertising
- Fair-time Web site
- Exhibit Displays - OC Program kiosks
- Community Outreach Program: We Care Wednesdays
- New Idea: Hand-washing station
- New Idea: Online entry and judging of photography competitions
- Agricultural Program: "Super Swine Think Pig" Exhibit
- Non-Fair Event sponsored by OCFEC: Centennial Farm
- Facing Challenges: OC Super Fair Promotions and new Super Pass
In addition to the nine first place awards, the OC Fair earned six second place, four third place and four honorable mention awards.
Western Fairs Association (WFA)
The Western Fairs Association (WFA), founded in 1922 and incorporated in 1945, is a non-profit trade association serving the fair industry in the western U.S. and Canada and assists in maintaining the highest professional standards through a voluntary network of individuals and organizations. More information about WFA can be found at fairsnet.org.
OC Fair & Event Center and 2010 OC Fair
The 2010 OC Fair is July 16-August 15 and is open Wednesday-Sunday. The OC Fair & Event Center is located off the 405 and 55 freeways at 88 Fair Drive in Costa Mesa. For more information, please visit ocfair.com or follow us on Twitter -- twitter.com/ocfair10.
SOURCE OC Fair & Event Center