ORLANDO, Fla., Feb. 2, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Ocean Insight, the applied spectral knowledge company, has announced the winners of its inaugural Grant Program. Winners have earned awards ranging from $5,000 to $20,000 USD in Ocean Insight products.
The Ocean Insight Grant Program launched in October 2020, attracting hundreds of entries from leading universities, research institutions and technology start-ups representing more than 50 different countries. Winning proposals were selected for their technical merit, practical application, and advancement of initiatives that improve health, safety or the environment.
"From improving cancer detection to addressing climate change, our Grant Program winners are embracing the use of optical sensing technologies to take on major challenges," said Henry Langston, Chief Commercial Officer for Ocean Insight. "Selecting just a handful of top entries from among the many remarkable and inspirational submissions was truly challenging. Congratulations to all the participants."
Here are the winners:
- Inspiration Award (Gold), $20,000 in products – Izmir Biomedicine and Genome Center, Izmir, Turkey; submitted by Arif Engin Cetin, for a proposal to improve the therapeutic response of cancer patients to drug treatments
- Merit Award (Silver), $10,000 in products – Amplified Sciences, West Lafayette, Indiana, USA; submitted by Diana Caldwell and Rajesh Ummadesitti, Ph.D., for a proposal to improve early diagnosis of pancreatic cancer
- Merit Award (Silver), $10,000 in products – Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden; submitted by Santiago Arellano, for a proposal to analyze aerosol and cloud particles for better understanding of their impact on the atmosphere
- Finalist Award (Bronze), $5,000 in products – Biko Biolabs, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA; submitted by Kelsey Sakimoto, for a proposal to break down bulk and microplastic waste into benign carbon feedstock chemicals
- Finalist Award (Bronze), $5,000 in products – Northwest A&F University, Xianyang Shaanxi, China; submitted by Baofeng Su, for a proposal to develop a remote monitoring system that addresses environmental deterioration and crop health
- Finalist Award (Bronze), $5,000 in products – Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas, Texas; submitted by Zi Jing Wong, for a proposal to develop novel nanophotonics sensors for coronavirus detection
- Finalist Award (Bronze), $5,000 in products -- Université des Antilles, Schoelcher, France; submitted by Paule Salvin, for a proposal to use electrochemical methods to depollute wetland and aquatic areas
For more information, contact [email protected], visit OceanInsight.com or call +1 727-733-2447.
Ocean Insight is the Applied Spectral Knowledge company. We partner with customers to unlock the unknown, leveraging the power of light to build a safer, cleaner, healthier world. Our modular spectrometers, multispectral sensors and fiber optic accessories comprise a flexible toolkit for experimentation and discovery. Ocean Insight has locations throughout the United States, Europe, India and China. The company is a subsidiary of Halma plc, a global group of life-saving technology companies. Halma is a FTSE 100 company (LSE: HLMA) with over 6,300 employees in more than 40 subsidiaries worldwide. Ocean Insight is part of Halma's Environmental and Analysis sector, which focuses on products and technologies for analysis in environmental safety and life sciences markets.
SOURCE Ocean Insight