NEW YORK, Feb. 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- OfferMobi, the first and leading US-based performance marketing network for mobile advertising campaigns, today announced the results of its 2011 Valentine's Day Smartphone Mobile Dating Study and Infographic.
To conduct the study, OfferMobi drove mobile traffic to an audience of several thousand Smartphone users spanning all age and demographic profiles who express interest in mobile dating sites via Smartphone devices throughout the United States from February 1 to February 9, 2011. The report solicited a wide range feedback from all participants, and generated responses from mobile display ads targeted to iPhone, Android and Blackberry devices as well as mobile ads on networks including AdMob, JumpTap, and InMobi.
Additionally, OfferMobi targeted similar budgets and mobile ad bid prices for all three Smartphone platforms. The intention of the study was to gain knowledge based directly on consumer behavior that will support OfferMobi in optimizing campaigns and offers for its mobile dating advertisers on their network and insights into Smartphone usage.
Some of the most notable findings from OfferMobi's 2011 Valentine's Day Mobile Dating Infographic include:
- Android is Top Dating Device:
- When it comes to mobile dating, Android users are more active than any other device, including iPhone and Blackberry users. Of all users interested in mobile dating 39 percent used an Android powered Smartphone, while iPhone trailed in 2nd with 31 percent of the audience, and Blackberry followed with 30 percent. Additionally, OfferMobi has seen a dramatic increase in Android ad and offer activity across its performance network over the past two quarters.
- Mobile Dating Dominated by Young Audience:
- While love knows no age boundaries, mobile dating seems to be an exception, with an overwhelming 95 percent of mobile dating users being under the age of 50.
- Blackberry Mostly Young Females:
- Despite the assumption that Blackberry users are primarily 'older corporate guys in suits' Blackberry devices had the most active female mobile dating community of all devices, totaling 28 percent of all users.
- Following Blackberry on the popularity list for females was Android at 26 percent and finally iPhone coming in last with 17 percent of total users.
- Blackberry had the highest percentage of mobile dating users in the 18-25 year old demographic.
- Amazingly, 50 percent of all Blackberry users that are interested in mobile dating are between the ages of 18-25. Android and iPhone users who use mobile dating services have the same amount of users in 18-25 demographic at 45 percent.
- Males Prefer to Date on iPhones:
- While Blackberry had the highest concentration of female mobile dating users, iPhone dominated in the male demographic, with 83 percent of iPhone users who are actively involved in mobile dating claiming to be males.
- iPhone Most Popular with Older Daters:
- While Blackberry claimed the highest percentage of mobile daters in the 18-25 year old audience, iPhone had the largest percentage of older daters, with 25 percent of iPhone users who are actively involved in mobile dating being over the age of 36.
"As the leading mobile performance network, the dating industry is one of our most active and expanding vertical markets," said Mark Roth, OfferMobi CEO. "This was a fun project that shows how much interest there is in mobile dating on Smartphones, helping us provide more targeted feedback and optimize better conversions for our advertisers in the mobile dating space."
For more information on OfferMobi, visit www.OfferMobi.com.
To review, download, distribute, or re-print OfferMobi's infographic please visit www.OfferMobi.com/mobiledating.
OfferMobi is the first and leading USA-based mobile affiliate network. Launched in early 2010, OfferMobi has amassed a loyal following of over 8,500 mobile publishers who are seeking performance based commissions from ad campaigns they can run in mobile advertising channels. OfferMobi acts as both an agency and a performance based network for advertisers who wish to promote their mobile enabled website, App, or click to call/pay per call campaign. OfferMobi works with mobile publishers who own well-travelled mobile destinations, popular app owners and other mobile ad networks to increase the revenue they earn from their mobile ad inventories on a performance basis. For more information, visit www.OfferMobi.com.