CHICAGO, April 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Significant technological advances and the emergence of portable tech tools continue to redefine day-to-day productivity of businesses everywhere. OfficeMax® Incorporated (NYSE: OMX), a leader in office supplies and services, recently announced it is expanding its tablet offerings by adding the new BlackBerry® PlayBook™ to its suite of technology products beginning on April 19, 2011. OfficeMax will allow customers to pre-order a new 16 GB BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet (retail price: $499) through www.officemax.com now through April 19, 2011.
Beginning on April 19, 2011 the BlackBerry PlayBook with Wi-Fi® will be available in three models, retail price: $499 (16GB), $599 (32GB)* and $699 (64GB)* at any OfficeMax retail location or online* starting April 19, 2011. Pre-orders will ship directly from OfficeMax's warehouse after April 19, 2011. Limited quantities will be available.
Positioned by RIM as the world's first professional-grade tablet, BlackBerry PlayBook features an ultra-portable design and delivers industry leading performance, uncompromised web browsing with support for Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1, true multitasking, HD multimedia, advanced security features, out-of-the-box enterprise support and a robust development environment.
BlackBerry PlayBook specifications:
- 7" 1024x600 WSVGA capacitive LCD touch screen
- Ultra-portable at less than a pound and less than one-half inch thick: 0.9 lbs (425g) and 5.1" x 7.6" x 0.4" (130mm x 194mm x 10mm)
- 1 GHz dual-core processor
- BlackBerry® Tablet OS with support for symmetric multiprocessing
- MP3, AAC and WMA audio playback
- Support for high resolution video playback (H.264, MPEG4, WMV)
- 1080p HDMI output
- Dual 1080p HD cameras for video conferencing and video capture (3MP front and 5MP rear)
- 1 GB RAM memory
- Up to 64 GB internal storage (16, 32 and 64 GB models)
- GPS, Orientation Sensor (Accelerometer), 6-Axis Motion Sensor (Gyroscope), Digital Compass (Magnetometer)
- Stereo speakers and stereo microphones
- Wi-Fi® (802.11 a/b/g/n) connectivity
- Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR support
Please click on the following link to learn more about the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet available at OfficeMax beginning on April 19, 2011.
*The 32GB and 64GB models will be available for special order only (in store or by phone) and will not be available online through www.officemax.com.
OfficeMax Incorporated (NYSE: OMX) is a leader in both business-to-business office products solutions and retail office products. The OfficeMax mission is simple. We help our customers do their best work. The company provides office supplies and paper, in-store print and document services through OfficeMax ImPress®, technology products and solutions, and furniture to businesses and individual consumers. OfficeMax customers are served by approximately 30,000 associates through direct sales, catalogs, e-commerce and approximately 1,000 stores. To find the nearest OfficeMax, call 1-877-OFFICEMAX. For more information, visit www.officemax.com.
All trademarks, service marks and trade names of OfficeMax Incorporated used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of OfficeMax Incorporated. The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties and trademarks of Research In Motion Limited. Any other product or company names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.
OfficeMax Media Contacts
630 864 6066
630 864 6057
SOURCE OfficeMax Incorporated