FOOTHILL RANCH, Calif., March 31, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- OleumTech® Corporation, a leading provider of M2M communications and industrial automation solutions, solved major automation challenges for a global O&G producer with their pipeline pigging systems located throughout Southeast Oklahoma.
The operator faced three major challenges:
- Automating the monitoring of two process variables per site to increase their operational efficiencies (pipeline pressure and tank level)
- Overcoming great distances between the assets to the main control panel where the RTU was located (trenching, conduit and wires were not feasible due to high cost and presence of underground pipes and rough terrain)
- Ability to tie-in the pressure and tank levels without tampering with the programming of legacy Bristol 3340 RTU, thus, only by utilizing the available 4-20 mA inputs
OleumTech solved these challenges using the following method:
- To monitor the two assets, OleumTech deployed Wireless Transmitters that are self-contained, battery-powered, Class I, Division 1 certified, intrinsically safe
- OleumTech Transmitters cover up to 7500 ft. Thus, the RF range between the assets to the RTU was not a factor
- The raw pressure and tank level data were then converted to 4-20 mA outputs connecting them back to the Bristol 3340 RTU utilizing the DH2 Wireless Gateway and Modbus RS485 I/O Expansion System with one 4-20 mA I/O Module
OleumTech's remote automation system was deployed in less than one day at the producer's most challenging location. Prior to OleumTech's involvement with the project, the producer would have had to spend more than $30k per site and it would have taken weeks to engineer and deploy. The producer was taken quite by surprise how simple and easy it was to deploy the M2M automation solutions by OleumTech and the ability to accommodate their legacy equipment and engineering requirements. Since the success of the pilot, the producer is moving forward automating their other locations with OleumTech Wireless Sensor and I/O Networks.
To learn more details about the success of the automation solution, click here to read the case study.
About OleumTech Corporation:
OleumTech Corporation is an innovative provider of M2M communications and industrial automation solutions. Their versatile products are distributed globally and have set the performance standards in Oil and Gas production, Refining/Petrochemical, Water/Wastewater, and many other industrial applications.
Since its inception in 2000, OleumTech has remained committed to providing high quality, customer-driven products that provide the best long-term value in the industry. Headquartered in Foothill Ranch, CA, OleumTech is an ISO 9001 certified organization with a full commitment to excellence in delivering superior quality, reliability, and customer satisfaction.
With its in-house R&D and manufacturing capabilities, OleumTech products are designed and produced in the USA with highest attention to detail and quality, and are backed by extensive applications and engineering. For more information, please visit us at www.oleumtech.com or contact us at email@example.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/oleumtech-solves-major-automation-challenges-for-a-global-og-producer-300243583.html
SOURCE OleumTech Corporation