CENTER VALLEY, Pa., May 15, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Olympus, a global technology leader in designing and delivering innovative solutions for medical and surgical procedures, among other core businesses, announced today that it is unveiling several new Urology devices at the upcoming American Urological Association Annual Meeting in New Orleans. These developments include:
- GLIDEWIRE® Hydrophilic Coated Urologic Guidewire: Olympus is now the exclusive distributor of the most-requested brand in guidewire, the Terumo GLIDEWIRE® Urologic Guidewire.
- ShockPulse- SE: This next generation CyberWand, Dual Action Lithotripsy System with integrated suction and hand activation, fragments and removes stones even more efficiently.
- UltraTrack Hybrid Guidewire: This everyday guidewire combines the flexibility of a hydrophilic wire at the tip and a stiff body to maintain position and assist in device passage.
- UroPass Access Sheath full portfolio: For establishing atraumatic passage, the hydrophilic-coated sheath and gradual tapered dilator tip eases placement and allows for multiple passage of endoscopes and retrieval devices. The sheath provides fast access through the urethra and to the kidney, enabling multiple passages of instruments safely.
- 200 Series Laser Fiber: This thin fiber balances a small diameter with the optimal laser energy transmission, allowing scope flexibility and improved irrigation. This slim fiber complements the full offering of lasers and laser fibers.
In addition, Olympus is pleased to extend its Olympus Advantage Program to the Urology market. The Olympus Advantage Program is designed to reduce the overall cost of Olympus capital products such as rigid and flexible scopes, cameras and processors. Customers who choose the high quality Stone disposable devices, such as guidewires, balloons and stents, will receive credits toward their Olympus capital equipment costs while dramatically reducing the overall spend.
"This is an exciting time to be a medical device company in the Urology space," said Richard Reynolds, Executive Vice President - Sales, Marketing & Shared Services of the Medical Systems Group at Olympus Corporation of the Americas. "New advancements in imaging, stone management and the use of proprietary tumor detection technology, combined with our commitment to valuable partnerships and innovations in pricing structures, are helping physicians meet the triple aim of healthcare reform by improving quality, reducing costs and enhancing patient satisfaction."
Designed with performance and patient safety in mind, the new Urology line-up can help facilities address the three key requirements of healthcare reform. Some examples include:
- Increased Quality of Care: Design advancements in the stone and wire products mean more precise access to complicate anatomy with less risk of trauma.
- Decreased Costs: Efficiency advancements of the devices mean costs saved in terms of OR time; new pricing structures allow more savings to be realized.
- Enhanced Patient Satisfaction: Protection against perforation and trauma during urological treatments can mean a reduced chance of complications and faster healing for patients.
The urology disposables line-up will be showcased at the American Urological Association's 2015 Annual Meeting to be held on May 15-19 in New Orleans, La. Healthcare providers are invited to visit the Olympus Booth #101 for a demonstration.
For more information about the new Olympus Urology disposables line-up, please contact Olympus customer service at 1-800-848-9024 or visit medical.olympusamerica.com/procedure/stone-management.
About Olympus Medical Systems Group
Olympus Medical Systems Group, a division of global technology leader Olympus, develops solutions for healthcare professionals that help improve clinical outcomes, reduce overall costs and enhance quality of life for their patients. By enabling less invasive procedures, innovative diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy, and early stage lung cancer evaluation and treatments, Olympus is transforming the future of healthcare.
For more information visit Olympus at medical.olympusamerica.com.