DALLAS, Sept. 25, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Omni Hotels & Resorts announces The Season of Smoke, a new month-long Omni Originals culinary series debuting at properties across the country on October 1. Guests can enjoy surprising, creative twists on classic dishes, desserts and cocktails that they have come to expect from the Omni Originals program. Using a variety of smoking methods, the extensive menu, which will vary by property, showcases everything from a cauldron of smoky baked beans and corn salad in a smoldering husk to a bacon bourbon brownie and grilled pineapple margaritas.
"We gathered more than forty of our food & beverage associates at the Culinary Institute of America in San Antonio for an immersive week-long menu development session this past July, tapping into the group's varied experience and backgrounds," said Vice President of Food and Beverage at Omni Hotels & Resorts, Devin Burns. "We're excited by the menu and can't wait for our guests, groups and local communities to sample our Season of Smoke creations."
A variety of different smoking methods were used – including a plancha grill, a wood-fire oven, a caldron, burying ingredients in ashes, and more – to create the specialty menu, which plays with combining sweet and smoky flavors, and innovative dish presentations. In addition to the Season of Smoke menu, select Omni properties will have a signature On the Rocks Old Fashioned bottled cocktail available for in-room dining. The complete Season of Smoke menu:
- Grilled Pineapple Margarita: Don Julio reposado, Cointreau, fresh pineapple juice
- The Riff: Woodford reserve rye, E&J brandy, Campari
- Sweet Relief: Elijah Craig small batch bourbon, simple syrup, lime juice, berries, fizz
- Small Plates:
- Smoked Ham Board with melon ala chapa, local cheese, mustard, bread
- Blistered Corn Salad with corn rescoldo, cotija, and jalapeno-lime salt, served in a smoldering blistered husk
- Caldero Duck Fat Fries served with smoked ketchup
- Chorizo Stuffed Dates with wood-oven smoked duck prosciutto
- Crisp Brie Raviolis with smoked brie and basil aioli
- Caldron "Canned" Baked Beans served in a tin can, with double-smoked pork belly, smoked sausage, red peas, grilled cornbread toast
- Season of Smoke Blended Burger, Thomasville Tomme cheese, smoked crispy fennel, roasted garlic and Kalamata olive aioli, with a watercress salad
- Brisket Croquetas, a 16-hour smoked brisket alongside charred garlic scape cream
- Kalbi Beef Asado Taco with charred corn relish, grilled Maui sweet onion, lemongrass aioli
- Pimento Cheese Parilla Toast with crisp onion, pickled radish, smoky bacon
- Brown Bag Donuts with smoked cocoa sugar and smoked vanilla pastry cream
- Bacon Bourbon Brownie Infernilla with hickory salted caramel, vanilla bean ice cream, and smoked cherries
- Strawberry Icebox Cake with smoked cream cheese, pretzel, black cocoa, and peanut butter mousse
"We want to surprise our guests and show all of the different ways that you can use smoke in the kitchen, many of which they have probably never thought of before," said Burns.
More information on Omni Originals can be found at www.omnihotels.com/culinary/omni-originals. Follow Omni Hotels & Resorts at www.Facebook.com/OmniHotels, Twitter.com/OmniHotels and Instagram.com/OmniHotels.
About Omni Hotels & Resorts
Omni Hotels & Resorts creates genuine, authentic guest experiences at 60 distinct luxury hotels and resorts in leading business and leisure destinations across North America. With more than 25 iconic golf courses and 16 award-winning spas featured in dynamic locales nationwide, every Omni proudly opens its doors to share the true spirit of its destination. Reflected through local color, personalized service, unique wellness options, signature restaurants and creative culinary offerings, Omni leaves a lasting impression with every guest and a heightened level of recognition and rewards delivered through its Select Guest loyalty program. As a founding member of the Global Hotel Alliance, Select Guest is further expanded through the DISCOVERY® loyalty program offering members additional global benefits. Omni is committed to reducing hunger and is on a mission through its Say Goodnight to Hunger initiative to provide millions of meals each year for food banks to feed children, families and seniors in communities in which it operates. Omni Hotels & Resorts is the official hotel of the PGA TOUR and PGA TOUR Champions. For information or to book accommodations, visit omnihotels.com or call 1-800-The-Omni.
SOURCE Omni Hotels & Resorts