NEW YORK and AUSTIN, Texas, March 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- At this year's South by Southwest Interactive Festival (SxSW), Omnicom (NYSE: OMC), will have a significant presence both onstage and off. With nearly 200+ of its leaders attending the conference, Omnicom's agencies will present innovative programs on a broad range of topics from finding and funding the next tech start-up, to mastering the art of data-driven storytelling, to creating original music for brands during the Festival, March 11-15 in Austin, TX.
"SxSW is the premier festival for innovative and disruptive technologies," said Jonathan Nelson, CEO of Omnicom Digital. "It's great to see Omnicom's talent at the forefront of new technologies like virtual reality, artificial intelligence, Internet of things, and leveraging their knowledge to help brands connect with consumers."
Paying homage to the host city, Annalect and Resolution Media have teamed up for a special event at the long-established "granddaddy of all local venues" – The Continental Club – on South Congress Avenue. The event will showcase how clients and partners are "hacking the future" to create a culture of readiness and anticipation for what is to come as new innovations fuse the digital and physical worlds.
In addition, Omnicom agencies will present programming for seven SxSW Interactive 2016 events, appearing on collaborative workshops, panels and presentations beside some of the biggest names in marketing and tech. Highlights include:
- Dream it. Build it.
- "Save the Weird": Preserving Austin's Culture
- A SxSW tradition, GSD&M will open its doors to 3,000+ attendees on Monday, March 14th, to celebrate 30 years of SxSW and its host city with food and libations
- Brand marketers will gather together at Interbrand's Red Circle luncheon on Sunday, March 13th.
- Celebration, Not Exploitation
- Hosted by OMD's Ignition Factory, the Fifth Annual Bootstrap BBQ will bring start-ups, big brands and clients together under one roof for networking, live music and a fireside chat with Yahoo's David Pogue.
Omnicom Group (www.omnicomgroup.com) is a leading global marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom's branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, direct and promotional marketing, public relations, and other specialty communications services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries. Follow us on Twitter for the latest news.