KYOTO, Japan, Sept. 26, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
- High-speed Synchronization between NC Process and Others Improves Productivity -
OMRON Corporation announced on September 26 the global release in October of its new NJ/NY-series NC Integrated Controller (hereinafter "NC Integrated Controller") that boosts productivity of processing machines.
NJ-series Machine Automation Controller
NY-series IPC Machine Controller
The NC Integrated Controller provides G-Code (*1) functionality and numerical control (hereinafter "NC") functionality, enabling high-precision complex profiling and increasing the production capacity of processing machines.
With changes in consumers' needs and advancement of technologies, products with more diverse and complicated shapes and materials are now increasing while product lifecycles are becoming shorter. Along with these changes, manufacturing sites are facing challenges of achieving more difficult processing at higher productivity rates.
The NC Integrated Controller provides both NC and PLC functionality and synchronizes the NC process and others at high speed. This will help significantly increase the production capacity of the entire machine. NC setting and G-Code programming are added to the Sysmac Studio which provides a true integrated development environment (IDE) for configuration, programming, monitoring, and 3D simulations. Function Blocks (*2) for NC make program structure simple, even for synchronization between the NC process and others, cutting development time.
OMRON set forth a strategic concept called "innovative-Automation!" (*3) consisting of three innovations or "i's" -- "integrated" (control evolution), "intelligent" (development of intelligence by ICT), and "interactive" (new harmonization between people and machines). OMRON is now committed to bringing innovation to manufacturing sites by materializing this concept. Control "integrated" by the NC Integrated Controller will help manufacturers further improve the productivity of processing machines.
1. Minimize machine cycle time (*4)
- One controller integrating NC and PLC functionality executes programs for both PLC and NC within one control period, which enables processes to be synchronized with the cycle as you designed.
- Interlock time (wait time during communications) between the NC process and others will be significantly reduced to 1/4 as compared to when separate controllers are used. Cycle time of a processing machine that generates many interlocks can be reduced.
2. Simplify complex profiling
- Versatile NC functions including 3D interpolation and position compensation enable high-precision complex profiling.
- G-Code functionality allows NC programs automatically generated by CAD/CAM software to be imported into the controller. This significantly reduces the time to design and program complex profiling.
3. Minimize development time
- NC setting and G-Code programming are now added to a true integrated development environment (Sysmac Studio) for configuration, programming, monitoring, and 3D simulations. Programs for processing machines can be developed and debugged using one piece of software.
- Function Blocks for PLC functionality, motion control and NC make program structure simple, even for synchronization between the NC process and others.
- Intuitive user interface reduces configuration time.
(*1) A programming language for motor control used for processing machines.
(*2) Program organization units that are defined in the IEC 61131-3 standard and enhances reuse of code.
Recently, OMRON has developed a manufacturing innovation concept, called "innovative-Automation!" With this concept, OMRON is currently committed to bringing innovation to manufacturing sites through three key innovations, or three "i's." Through these innovations in the area of automation, OMRON aims to enable significant productivity improvements in manufacturing sites in order to achieve high-value-added manufacturing. With the first "i," "integrated" (control evolution), OMRON will seek to advance automated control technology so that virtually any operator, even inexperienced operators, can effortlessly perform work that previously required the expert skills of experienced workers. With the second "i," "intelligent" (development of intelligence by ICT), OMRON seeks to create constantly evolving equipment and production lines. By adopting a wide range of control devices and artificial intelligence (AI), machines can learn through experience and maintain themselves in optimal condi tion. For the third "i," "interactive" (new harmonization between people and machines), OMRON pursues the development of a new harmonious relationship between human operators and machines. Working together in the same workspace, machines will be able to assist human operators by recognizing human thoughts and behavior.
(*4) Time required for processing in a production process
About OMRON Corporation
OMRON Corporation is a global leader in the field of automation based on its core technology of "Sensing & Control + Think." Established in 1933, OMRON has about 36,000 employees worldwide, working to provide products and services in 117 countries. The company's business fields cover a broad spectrum, ranging from industrial automation and electronic components to automotive electronics, social infrastructure systems, healthcare, and environmental solutions. In the field of industrial automation, OMRON supports manufacturing innovation by providing advanced automation technology and products, as well as through extensive customer support, in order to help create a better society. For more information, visit OMRON's website: http://www.omron.com/.
SOURCE OMRON Corporation