INDIANAPOLIS, Sept. 27, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- OneCause, a leader in mobile fundraising, yesterday recognized leaders in nonprofit fundraising with their first annual Raise Awards. The Raise Awards celebrate individual fundraisers and organizations who are shaping the future of fundraising with innovative ideas and impactful storytelling.
"Every day we hear incredible stories about our nonprofit customers' impact, and we wanted to create an annual awards program to celebrate all of their hard work and inspiring fundraising successes," said Steve Johns, chief executive officer, OneCause. "We're excited to continue to recognize the best and brightest in fundraising with our annual Raise awards."
Award winners included:
Innovative Nonprofit of the Year
- Susan G. Komen Austin for their innovative The Big Pink Give event that created a unique, intimate giving experience where all auction items were donated directly to breast cancer survivors. The event saw record-breaking engagement with 70 percent of the room donating and a 61 percent increase in revenue over the prior year's event.
Storyteller of the Year
- Boys & Girls Club of Noblesville, Indiana for their Superhero-themed campaign spotlighting youth members that drove 40 percent more donations for their #GivingTuesday campaign and contributed to a 65 percent increase in donations to their annual campaign. This campaign was made possible with the support of Parker Media Group of Noblesville and the Club's Ladies Auxiliary group.
Fundraisers of the Year
- Darcie Wells, Executive Director at March of Dimes in the Greater Houston Area who led her organization to a record-breaking year and the most successful March of Dimes event nationally, The Greater Houston March for Babies, surpassing their fundraising goal by 79 percent, and bringing in more than 300 corporate partners and 30,000 participants.
- Susan Bowers, Executive Director at the Helene Foundation in Raleigh, North Carolina, whose tireless efforts as a staff of one has exponentially grown their community engagement and led to a 27 percent increase in donations at their annual gala, greatly increasing the number of families the organization can support this year.
- Heather Burneson, Donor Development Manager at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's National Capital Area Chapter whose powerful journey from patient family and volunteer to staff has inspired others and helped raise a record breaking $14.5 million, making them the number one fundraising LLS chapter in the country.
All award winners were recognized during a ceremony at the second annual Raise 2018 Conference that brought together hundreds of nonprofit fundraising professionals from across the country for two days of interactive learning and networking. The conference took place in Chicago, Illinois on September 24-25.
Award submissions were reviewed by a panel of judges made up of fundraising professionals, consultants, and OneCause staff.
OneCause creates user-friendly fundraising software that helps nonprofits engage donors, raise more money and save valuable time and resources. Our full suite of cloud-based fundraising solutions has powered 5,000 organizations, well over 15,000 fundraising events, and helped nonprofits raise more than $1.5 billion. Located in the marketing technology hub of Indianapolis, OneCause has been recognized on the Inc. 500 list of Fastest Growing Companies, received a Techpoint MIRA award for Mobile Technology Excellence & Innovation, and was awarded a Silver Stevie® Award in the Customer Service Department of the Year – Computer Software category.