DENVER, April 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- For the first time ever, students of Craftsy, the preeminent online destination for passionate makers to learn, create and share, can learn on the go – literally anywhere, anytime – with Craftsy's updated iPhone and iPad apps. This brand new release unlocks even more learning options customized for students' busy lives, including the ability to watch classes offline. With more than 350 expert-led courses and more added every week, the Craftsy community has quickly grown to more than three million members. Plus, Craftsy is celebrating yet another milestone: more than one million members have downloaded the Craftsy app!
"After nearly three years of providing online education designed to help our students succeed, we are excited to expand our offerings to include offline on-the-go learning," said John Levisay, Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer of Craftsy. "As our community continues to thrive, our students have expressed a desire to view their Craftsy classes wherever they are, whether on vacation or on the way to work. Now, students can easily take their videos, notes and class materials anywhere they might go - with or without Internet access. They can even watch their classes seamlessly on a TV using AirPlay."
With the newly released features, students can now:
- Learn from their favorite Craftsy instructors online or offline, whether creating Double Wedding Ring quilts or authentic Italian soups.
- Focus on tricky techniques by easily slowing their video down with .25x or .5x speed. Or skim through a class with the new 1.5x or 2x video speed, to get ahead fast.
- Stop straining their eyes – the new video player interface features bigger and easier-to-touch controls for watching videos and browsing navigation.
- Effortlessly skip ahead to the next lesson if they're already familiar with the current lesson, or not interested in a certain project.
- Watch their Craftsy class on the big screen – a TV! They can use the app as a remote with AirPlay and watch any class on their TV while browsing notes, discussions, projects or materials on their device.
"I'm a lifelong learner, and Craftsy's mobile learning platform lets me take classes without committing to a set schedule," said Craftsy student Sarah Huerta. "I take sewing, knitting, quilting, art and even cooking classes with my husband. He actually gave me an iPad specifically because of my love of Craftsy classes, letting me take my notes and lessons with me anywhere I go! With these new updates, I won't have to worry about WiFi if I'm traveling outside of my home. I can't wait to see how these added features continue enhancing my learning experience."
Craftsy's convenient classes bring the world's best instructors directly to students, transcending traditional learning models and giving them the ability to learn at their own pace through video lessons which are carefully designed and curated to provide the most engaging experience.
For more information, please visit www.craftsy.com or download the app for iPhone or iPad.
Craftsy is the preeminent online destination for passionate makers to learn, create and share. With classes in quilting, sewing, knitting, cake decorating, art, cooking, photography and many more categories, over three million makers are taking their skills to new heights alongside the world's best instructors. Craftsy's online classes combine top-quality content, anytime convenience and the intimacy of an in-person experience. Members of the Craftsy community – whether neighbors or makers across the world – inspire and support each other with ideas, tips and positive feedback along the way. For more information, visit www.craftsy.com.
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140407/MM96878-a
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140407/MM96878-b
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140407/MM96878-c
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20131030/NY05378LOGO-c