LOS ANGELES, March 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ICAP Patent Brokerage, a division of ICAP plc and the world's largest intellectual property brokerage firm and organizer of ICAP Ocean Tomo Auctions, is offering for auction patents that allow controlled previews of digital content from Amad Tayebi and Ashish K. Mithal. The lot will be included in the 15th ICAP Ocean Tomo IP Auction on March 29, 2012, at Terranea Resort near Los Angeles, California.
Distributing information products such as books, recordings, and multimedia works in digital form via a medium such as the Internet offers unique advantages. But it also poses serious challenges. While encryption and other techniques for protecting digital content (e.g., watermarking) may deter unauthorized copying, they also hinder the marketing and sales efforts of publishers, content providers, sellers, and creators.
Key Characteristics & Benefits
This portfolio discloses techniques that allow customers to preview a digital work or a book prior to making a purchase over a computer network.
- The offered preview version of the digital work includes a masking effect or a mask, which can be in the form of an overlay, a marketing or advertising object, or a discontinuity.
- A masked digital product provides a valuable previewing and marketing tool for consumer interactions, reviewing product features, market testing, and facilitating purchase decisions.
- This technique provides a distinct competitive advantage in selling books, music, songs, movies, games, and multimedia works.
- Further, the masking effect can be in the form of an ad or a commercial message.
- The extent of masking can be varied in accordance with advertising revenue.
- Combining advertising with offering of digital content offers increased prospects of additional sales for content providers, creators and advertisers.
This is a key strategic portfolio for online content providers and distributors, search engines, or social networking companies.
Companies who have cited this patent portfolio include:
Sony Corporation, Siemens, Canon, Intraware Inc.
To learn more about the assets available for sale in this portfolio:
Contact Tim Schnurr of ICAP Patent Brokerage at 212-815-6693 or [email protected]
About ICAP Patent Brokerage
ICAP Patent Brokerage is a division of ICAP plc and the world's largest intellectual property brokerage and patent auction firm.
ICAP is the world's leading interdealer broker and provider of post trade risk and information services. The Group matches buyers and sellers in the wholesale markets in interest rates, credit, commodities, FX, emerging markets and equity derivatives through voice and electronic networks. Through our post trade risk and information services we help our customers manage and mitigate risks in their portfolios. For more information go to www.icap.com.
SOURCE ICAP Patent Brokerage