MARLTON, N.J., March 21, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- ONPATH Technologies, the leader in scalable connectivity and monitoring solutions for high performance networks, today announced HorizON 2.2, a significant release of its management and monitoring software, offering the industry's highest levels of network intelligence, user simplicity, and system security.
HorizON is a Linux-based server software solution that provides management and monitoring of ONPATH's family of UCS 2900 and 3900 platforms from any local or remote location. The HorizON software securely manages up to 128 separate switches and over 100,000 meshed ports in a single application. Each port can be individually licensed to support the industry's widest ranges of speeds and protocols, from copper RS-232 to over 100Gbps optical Ethernet, and virtually everything in between.
The most significant new features of the new HorizON 2.2 release include:
- Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting capabilities: providing secure remote access with proper role-based control and auditing to interoperate with existing corporate management systems such as TACACS+ and RADIUS
- External Red Hat Linux Server: adding the ability to securely manage multiple systems from a centralized control system – including a redundant server option for enhanced availability
- Mixed Platform: enabling the combined management of any mix of 2900 and 3900 systems, with either port modules, S-Blades or O-Blades, from the same dashboard and provisioning screens
- New port speeds: adding specific control for OC-48 and OC-192 SONET and a completely transparent optical option
- Mixed protocol domains: supporting the ability to mix Ethernet, SONET, and Fibre Channel on the same electrical or optical switching blade
Additional features included in the HorizON 2.2 release include port flapping logic for cable break simulation, enhanced GUI for simplified use, external Syslog, and cross switch link support between systems. The 2.2 release also supports ONPATH's new all-optical 96-port O-Blade, also being released today.
"The customer response to last year's release of our HorizON software has been fantastic," said Larry Cantwell, CTO of ONPATH. "Further developing the security and application flexibility advantages was a clear priority to expand our Cyber Security and Network Monitoring applications. Our industry-exclusive mixed platform and expanded protocol support positions us as the dominant leader for Test Automation and Cloud Networking solutions with a single interface."
ONPATH's UCS family offers scalable physical layer switching systems for high-performance connectivity and monitoring. HorizON software, coupled with the company's UCS product line, adds the highest levels of network intelligence, user simplicity, and system security.
ONPATH Technologies is the leading provider of scalable connectivity and monitoring solutions for high-performance networks. ONPATH's Universal Connectivity System and HorizON Software deliver an advanced platform that automates and secures data center and test infrastructure to help network managers conserve time, increase utilization, and save money compared to manual patching or complex mesh switching architectures. ONPATH currently has over one million installed ports throughout Fortune 1,000 and Government customers. For more information, visit www.onpathtech.com.
SOURCE ONPATH Technologies