DALLAS, Jan. 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ : TXN ) today introduced the industry's first 36-V rail-to-rail input and output (RRIO) operational amplifier (op amp) to achieve precision offset voltage and drift without using auto-zero techniques. The OPA192 achieves stable offset voltage drift over the full specified temperature range, which eliminates the need for system level calibration.
Fast settling and high-output drive, combined with precision, allows designers to use the device to drive analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) in high-voltage, precision data acquisition systems including test and measurement, and industrial sensors and controls. For more information or to order samples and an evaluation module (EVM), see www.ti.com/opa192-pr.
Key features and benefits of the OPA192:
- Industry-leading precision: Using e-TrimTM technology, TI's patented package-level trimming architecture, the device provides 5-uV offset voltage and 0.2-uV/C offset drift over temperature without the use of internally clocked auto-zero techniques, which increases the accuracy of industrial sensor signal conditioning.
- Precise 36-V input range: RRIO enables maximum input dynamic range for precision high-voltage measurement in industrial automation and control applications.
- Robust output drive: 60-mA output current drive and 1-nF capacitive-load drive provide system stability for high-voltage buffers and muxed data acquisition.
Tools and support
The OPA192 is included in four new TI Precision Designs reference design to help engineers quickly evaluate and customize a system:
- 16-bit, 400KSPS, 4-Channel Multiplexed Data Acquisition System for High Voltage Inputs with Lowest Distortion.
- Combined Voltage and Current Output Terminal for Analog Outputs (AO) in Industrial Applications.
- Capacitive Load Drive verified reference design using an Isolation Resistor.
- Single Op-Amp Slew Rate Limiter reference design.
A TINA-TI™ SPICE model is also available with TI Precision Design circuits to accurately simulate and debug the circuit.
The OPA192 is also supported by TI's WEBENCH® Filter Designer, an online tool that enables engineers to design, optimize, and simulate complete multi-stage active filter solutions within minutes.
Additional support is available on the Precision Amplifier forum in the TI E2E™ Community, where engineers can search for solutions, get help, share knowledge and solve problems with fellow engineers and TI experts.
Packaging, availability and pricing
The OPA192 is available in the following three package options for a suggested retail price of US$1.35 in 1,000-unit quantities: 5-mm by 4-mm SO-8 package, 3-mm by 3-mm MSOP-8 and 3-mm by 1.75-mm SOT23-5.
TI analog for industrial
TI provides a diverse and readily available portfolio of analog integrated circuits (ICs) for a broad range of industrial applications, including smart grid, factory automation, high-voltage power, LED lighting and control. TI data converters, ampliﬁers, interface, isolation, clocking, and power management devices enable customers to differentiate their products, while TI software, design tools and reference designs simplify and accelerate design cycles. Learn how TI analog innovations are improving industrial safety, efficiency and reliability at www.ti.com/analogindustrial-pr.
Learn more about TI's op amp portfolio by visiting the links below:
- Order samples of the OPA192.
- Download the datasheet for the OPA192.
- Explore TI's full portfolio of precision amplifier products.
- Check out the Precision Designs Hub blog to find out more about e-Trim technology and how package level trim compares to other offset correction methods.
- Read the "Best of Baker's Best" ebook for a compilation of amplifier short articles.
- For more board-level precision designs, check out the TI Precisions Designs library.
About WEBENCH tools from Texas Instruments
The WEBENCH Designer and Architect component libraries include more than 24,000 components from 120 manufacturers. Price and availability is updated hourly by TI's distribution partners for design optimization and production planning. Offered in eight languages, the user can compare complete system designs and make supply chain decisions in minutes. To start a cost-free design, visit TI's WEBENCH design environment at www.ti.com/webench-pr.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today. Learn more at www.ti.com.
WEBENCH is a registered trademark and TI E2E and e-trim are trademarks of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks and registered trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments