WATERTOWN, Mass., Nov. 28, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Open enrollment is now underway for individuals and families looking to buy their own health coverage through the Massachusetts Health Connector (Health Connector). Tufts Health Plan is offering 10 Tufts Health Direct plans. Many individuals and families are eligible for subsidies and tax credits on Tufts Health Direct plans. This year's open enrollment period runs through January 31, 2017.
"Our plans allow members to choose a price and plan design that best suits their needs based on costs, deductibles, co-payments and out-of-pocket expenses," said Christopher "Kit" Gorton, MD, president of Tufts Health Plan's Public Plans division. "We are proud that we have been able to keep our prices stable while other carriers are increasing costs by double digits. We encourage those shopping through the Massachusetts Health Connector to look carefully and find a plan which is right for them."
Tufts Health Plan ConnectorCare premiums are increasing by an average of 2.3 percent, and unsubsidized premiums are increasing an average of 2.6 percent. Members have access to services from a trusted network of primary care providers and specialists, a member services team fluent in multiple languages and in-house medical, mental health, and pharmacy professionals who work together to coordinate care. Other resources include:
- Access to a user-friendly member portal as well as free telephonic health support through a 24/7 NurseLine.
- Online coaching programs to help with weight management, smoking cessation, stress management, depression management, diabetes management and heart health.
- Discounts at CVS/pharmacy, gift cards and fitness bands for completing health screenings and yearly checkups, $25 towards booster car seats and $50 towards convertible car seats.
In 2017, Massachusetts residents with incomes less than 400 percent of the Federal Poverty Level (lower than $47,520 for an individual or $97,200 for a family of four) will once again be eligible for government tax credits and/or subsidies to help make their health insurance more affordable. Financial assistance will be available to workers and their families who are not covered under employer-sponsored plans or who do not have access to affordable employer-based coverage.
For information on eligibility or help with enrollment, individuals can call Tufts Health Plan at 888-257-1985 or visit www.tuftshealthdirect.com. To learn about health plan options during open enrollment, Massachusetts residents can visit MAhealthconnector.org.
About Tufts Health Plan
Tufts Health Plan is nationally recognized for its commitment to providing innovative, high-quality health care coverage. Staying true to our mission of improving the health and wellness of the diverse communities we serve, we touch the lives of more than one million members in Massachusetts, Rhode Island and New Hampshire through employer-sponsored plans; Medicare; Medicaid and Marketplace plans, offering health insurance coverage across the life span regardless of age or circumstance.
We continually rank among the top health plans in the country based on quality and member satisfaction:
- Our private HMO and PPO plans are rated 5 out of 5 and our Medicaid plan is rated 4.5 out of 5 by the National Committee for Quality Assurance.*
- Our Tufts Medicare Preferred HMO and Senior Care Options plans received a 5-star rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, the highest rating possible.
For more information, visit us at tuftshealthplan.com.
Contact: Kathleen Makela
SOURCE Tufts Health Plan