OSLO, April 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- It's time to kick things up a notch and let iPhone users have the mobile web experience they deserve. That's why, today, Opera Software is launching the Opera Coast web browser for iPhone, the browser perfectly designed for your favorite Apple device.
"Like everyone who owns an iPhone, I've often picked it up when waiting for something or someone," says Huib Kleinhout, Product Manager on the Opera Coast project at Opera Software. "I was never quite happy with how apps and browsers kind of got in the way of the content. With Opera Coast, we have made content the main star of the show, letting the browser app itself get out of the way when you just want to kill some time. It's the way the web was meant to be enjoyed."
- The perfect pixel: The Opera Coast team is not content with just scaling down something that works on a PC to the size of a mobile screen. Every pixel, every image placement has been re-thought to make sure it not only fits, but also makes perfect sense for the iPhone. Opera Coast is the first true made-for-touch mobile browser, from the company that pioneered many of the must-have features of the modern web browser.
- Made for thumbs: The iPhone was made for having all screen real estate within a thumb's reach, and Opera Coast takes this idea one step further. Gestures take care of practically all of the navigation needs, with the rest handled by a bare minimum of conveniently placed buttons. Two, to be exact.
- Search, updated for 2014: Why should we search the web the same way in 2014 as we did in 2004? Opera Coast has re-thought the way we use the most important tool of the web: search. In Opera Coast, related search words and quality website suggestions appear as you type in your search words. As you enter an internet address, suggestions for possible sites matching what you've entered pop up - a blessing for small-screen devices with screen keyboards.
- Time, reimagined: Built to give users the very best way of navigating the vast and wonderful time-spender that is the web, Opera Coast is the result of a process where every aspect of spending time on the web is considered and given purpose. Its site tile grid gives you fast access to the usual suspects of time-killing sites and a new "Stuff we like" feature helps you navigate other popular content easily. Every aspect of Opera Coast has been tried and tested to make sure it succeeds in its mission to keep you updated, entertained or enlightened in those small timeouts in life.
- Let's sync up: Opera Coast is available for the iPad, as well as the iPhone. If you have sites that work particularly well during your couch downtime with the iPad, you can now sync them to your iPhone super-easy by using the automatic iCloud sync of site tiles in Opera Coast.
About Opera Software ASA
Opera products enable more than 350 million internet consumers worldwide to discover and connect with the content and services that matter most to them, no matter what device, network or location. In turn, we help advertisers reach the audiences that build value for their businesses. Opera also delivers products and services to more than 120 mobile operators around the world, enabling them to provide a faster, more economical and better network experience to their subscribers.
From family photos and funny videos to business ideas that change the world economy, the internet has always been about discovery. Whether you are a consumer getting online for the first time, or a multinational corporation trying to reach the right audience, Opera can help you discover more online.
Opera Software ASA is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol OPERA. 'Opera', 'Opera Software', 'Opera Mini' and the 'O' logo are trademarks of Opera Software ASA. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Learn more about Opera at www.opera.com.
Find Opera on the Web
- Follow us on Twitter
- Help us share Opera with the world
- Become an Opera fan on Facebook
- Watch our videos on YouTube
CONTACT: Caroline Gennaro, 650-625-1262 ext. 1038, [email protected]
SOURCE Opera Software ASA