FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., Feb. 6, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
- Hyundai Motor America, an official sponsor of the NFL and Super Bowl 50 USA Today Ad Meter winner, brought a first of its kind experience to those who deserve it most, by making this year's game better for our soldiers overseas.
- Hyundai transported several U.S. troops from a base overseas to the heart of the action in stadium. Using custom built 360-degree immersive pods, Hyundai allowed the soldiers to feel as though they were in the stadium.
- In an emotional surprise moment, the troops were virtually transported into a suite at the stadium where they realized they weren't alone, but surrounded by their families whom they could see and interact with.
- Hyundai, its marketing agency partner INNOCEAN Worldwide Americas and renowned director Peter Berg filmed, edited and produced a 90-second documentary in real-time that captured the incredible experience of our U.S. troops being virtually reunited with their families as they experienced the Super Bowl live. It ran after the final whistle in the first commercial break immediately following the conclusion of the game, before the trophy ceremony.
- The action was shot in a suite at the Super Bowl in Houston and at an undisclosed military base overseas. The footage from both locations was edited and produced in a production trailer outside the stadium during the game.
Hyundai's Super Bowl LI 90 second documentary - https://youtu.be/P7n-GxJBw1k
- Soldiers and families featured:
- Corporal (CPL) Trista Strauch
- Specialist (SPC) Erik Guerrero
- Sergeant (SGT) Richard Morrill
- Marketing Agency Partner – INNOCEAN Worldwide Americas
- Production – Director Peter Berg (Patriots Day, Deepwater Horizon, Lone Survivor), Pony Show Entertainment and Film 45
- Technology –360 live-streamed experience
- The highest quality 360 experience possible to date across two continents. Three broadcast systems created high-resolution spherical videos allowing the soldiers to feel surrounded by a stadium suite and their loved ones attending the game. The satellite video and audio streams allowed the families to communicate with each other in real-time.
- During the AFC and NFC Championship weekend, Hyundai released two teasers featuring Pro Football Hall of Famers Joe Montana and Mike Singletary to discuss the importance of teamwork and courage, especially as it relates to our troops
- This initiative continues and builds upon Hyundai's commitment to the U.S. Armed Forces:
- G.I. Jobs named Hyundai a Top Military Friendly employer in 2017 and last year, Hyundai was recognized by CivilianJobs.com as one of the Most Valuable Employers for Military, the only automaker to receive the honor
- For several years, Hyundai has offered special discounts to military personnel and honored Memorial Day by enhancing its Military Incentive Program, aiding U.S. troops in purchasing a Hyundai vehicle
Interviews Available With:
- Dean Evans, Chief Marketing Officer, Hyundai Motor America
- Eric Springer, Chief Creative Officer, INNOCEAN Worldwide Americas
- Website: https://www.hyundaiusa.com/better/
- Press Materials: HyundaiNews.com Super Bowl 51 Media Kit
HYUNDAI MOTOR AMERICA
Hyundai Motor America, headquartered in Fountain Valley, Calif., is a subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Co. of Korea. Hyundai vehicles are distributed throughout the United States by Hyundai Motor America and are sold and serviced through more than 820 dealerships nationwide. All Hyundai vehicles sold in the U.S. are covered by the Hyundai Assurance program, which includes the 5-year/60,000-mile fully transferable new vehicle limited warranty, Hyundai's 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain limited warranty and five years of complimentary Roadside Assistance. Hyundai Blue Link Connected Care provides owners of Hyundai models equipped with the Blue Link telematics system with proactive safety and car care services complimentary for one year with enrollment. These services include Automatic Collision Notification, Enhanced Roadside Assistance, Vehicle Diagnostic Alert, Monthly Vehicle Health Report and in-vehicle service scheduling.
For more details on Hyundai Assurance, please visit www.HyundaiAssurance.com
Please visit our media website at www.hyundainews.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/operation-better-hyundai-surprised-us-troops-overseas-by-virtually-reuniting-them-with-their-families-at-super-bowl-li-300402353.html
SOURCE Hyundai Motor America