Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke, Music Mogul Russell Simmons to Lead Discussion on Financial Literacy and Dignity
ATLANTA, Oct. 31, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Continuing its efforts to advance the conversation about financial dignity and literacy and its impact on the economy and personal prosperity, Operation HOPE will host the HOPE Global Financial Dignity Summit (GFDS) on November 14-15, 2012 in Atlanta, Ga.
Government, non-profit and private sectors leaders from across the globe will convene to discuss critical issues in financial education, with the theme of Community, Character and Responsible Capitalism. Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke will keynote the event.
WHO: Speakers at the Summit will include:
- Ben Bernanke, Federal Reserve Chairman
- Ambassador Andrew Young, global spokesperson, Operation HOPE
- Russell Simmons, music mogul and chairman and CEO of Rush Communications
- Bernice King, CEO, The King Center
- Dikembe Mutombo, former NBA All-Star and humanitarian
- Benjamin Jealous, president and CEO, NAACP
- Jim Clifton, chairman and CEO, Gallup, Inc.
- William H. Rogers, Jr., president and CEO, SunTrust Banks Inc.
A full list of speakers is available at http://summit.operationhope.org/events/global-financial-dignity-summit/speakers
WHAT: HOPE Global Financial Dignity Summit
- Ribbon cutting for grand opening of HOPE Financial Dignity Center, Ebenezer
- HOPE Atlanta Community Bus Tour
- Financial Inclusion Working Group Sessions
- Financial Summit
For more information about the Summit, visit http://summit.operationhope.org
WHERE: Georgia International Convention Center, Atlanta, Ga.
WHEN: November 14-15, 2012
CONTACT: Interested media should contact HOPESummit@qorvis.com for more information about the event.
About Operation HOPE
Headquartered in Los Angeles, Operation HOPE promotes financial dignity through financial literacy and education tools to underserved communities. Through its four core portfolios, the organization has provided youth and adult financial literacy, economic preparedness, digital empowerment, promoted home ownership, and assisted with foreclosure prevention to more than 2 million individuals, families, and small business owners. To learn more about Operation HOPE, visit www.operationhope.org, follow us our Twitter, @operationhope, and like us on Facebook.
SOURCE Operation HOPE