NEW YORK, March 8, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- OppenheimerFunds, a leading asset manager, earned 19 Lipper Fund Awards for nine of its funds, highlighting the firm's expertise in the global equity, international equity, and municipal and investment grade debt asset classes. For more than three decades, the Lipper Awards have recognized funds and fund management firms for their consistently strong risk-adjusted three-, five-, and ten-year performance relative to their peers.
"The Lipper Awards reflect a truly independent and uncompromised assessment of fund performance and underscore the strength of our investment teams' ability to deliver long term value to clients across a variety of asset classes," said Krishna Memani, Chief Investment Officer at OppenheimerFunds.
Funds that received 2019 Lipper Awards on the basis of returns for the three-, five-, or 10-year period ended November 30, 2018, included:
- Oppenheimer Rochester California Municipal Fund (OCAYX) Y shares were named best-in-class among 104 California Municipal Debt Funds for the three-year period.Mark DeMitry, Portfolio Manager
- Oppenheimer Rochester AMT-Free Municipal Fund (OMFYX) Y shares were named best-in-class among 222 General & Insured Municipal Debt Funds for the three-year period, best-in-class among 189 General & Insured Municipal Debt Funds for the five-year period. (OPTAX) A shares were named best-in-class among 147 General & Insured Municipal Debt Funds for the 10-year period.Troy Willis, Co-Team Leader, Portfolio Manager
- Oppenheimer Global Opportunities Fund (OGIIX) I shares were named best-in-class among 101 Global Small-/Mid-Cap Funds for the three-year period, and best-in-class among 86 Global Small-/Mid-Cap Funds for the five-year period. Frank Jennings, Portfolio Manager
- Oppenheimer Rochester High Yield Municipal Fund (ORNYX) Y shares were named best-in-class among 148 High Yield Municipal Debt Funds for the three-year period, and best-in-class among 122 High Yield Municipal Debt Funds for the five-year period.Scott Cottier, Co-Team Leader, Portfolio Manager
- Oppenheimer International Small-Mid Company Fund (OSCIX) I shares were named best-in-class among 141 International Small/Mid-Cap Growth Funds for the five-year period. (OSMYX) Y shares were named best-in-class among 90 International Small/Mid-Cap Growth Funds for the 10-year period.Frank Jennings, Portfolio Manager
- Oppenheimer Rochester Fund Municipals (RMUYX) Y shares were named best-in-class among 81 New York Municipal Debt Funds for the three-year period, best-in-class among 79 New York Municipal Debt Funds for the five-year period, and best-in-class among 58 New York Municipal Debt Funds for the 10-year period.Troy Willis, Co-Team Leader, Portfolio Manager
- Oppenheimer Rochester Pennsylvania Municipal Fund (OPAYX) Y shares were named best-in-class among 54 Pennsylvania Municipal Debt Funds for the three-year period, and best-in-class among 51 Pennsylvania Municipal Debt Funds for the five-year period. (OPATX) A shares were named best-in-class among 46 Pennsylvania Municipal Debt Funds for the 10-year period.Charlie Pulire, Portfolio Manager
- Oppenheimer Rochester Short Term Municipal Fund (ORSYX) Y shares were named best-in-class among 105 Short Municipal Debt Funds for the three-year period, and best-in-class among 93 Short Municipal Debt Funds for the five-year period.Charlie Pulire, Portfolio Manager
- Oppenheimer Limited-Term Government Fund (OLTYX) Y shares were named best-in-class among 55 Short U.S. Government Funds for the ten-year period.Peter Strzalkowski, Portfolio Manager
OppenheimerFunds, Inc., a leader in global asset management, is dedicated to providing solutions for its partners and end investors. OppenheimerFunds, including its subsidiaries, manages more than $229 billion in assets for over 13 million shareholder accounts, including sub-accounts, as of February 28, 2019.
Founded in 1959, OppenheimerFunds is an asset manager with a history of providing innovative strategies to its investors. The firm's 16 investment management teams specialize in equity, fixed income, alternative, multi-asset, and factor and revenue-weighted-ETF strategies, including ESG. The firm is a signatory of the UN PRI. OppenheimerFunds and its subsidiaries offer a broad array of products and services to clients, who range from pensions and endowments to financial advisors and individual investors. OppenheimerFunds and certain of its subsidiaries provide advisory services to the Oppenheimer family of funds, and OFI Global Asset Management offers solutions to institutions. The firm is also active through its Philanthropy & Community initiative: 10,000 Kids by 2020, reaching children with introductions to math literacy programs.
1 Lipper Awards are granted annually to the funds in each Lipper classification that achieve the highest score for Consistent Return, a measure of funds' historical risk-adjusted returns, measured in local currency, relative to peers. Winners are selected using the Lipper Leader rating for Consistent Return for funds with at least 36 months of performance history as of 11/30/18. Awards are presented for the highest Lipper Leader for Consistent Return within each eligible classification over 3, 5 or 10 years. Other share classes may have different performance and expense characteristics. Although Lipper makes reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the data contained herein, the accuracy is not guaranteed by Lipper. Lipper awards are not intended to predict future results. Past performance does not guarantee future results.
Fixed income investing entails credit risks and interest rate risks. When interest rates rise, bond prices generally fall, and the fund's share price can fall. Below investment grade ("high yield" or "junk") bonds are more at risk of default than other bond investments and are subject to liquidity risk. A portion of a municipal bond fund's distributions may invest substantially in Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories, commonwealths and possessions, and could be exposed to their local political and economic conditions. Foreign investments may be volatile and involve additional expenses and special risks, including currency fluctuations, foreign taxes, regulatory and geopolitical risks.
Generally, I shares are only available to institutional investors and can only be purchased with a $1 million initial investment.
Generally, Y shares are only available to certain investors, including those in wrap-fee based programs or commissionable brokerage platforms that charge sales commission.
Shares of Oppenheimer funds are not deposits or obligations of any bank, are not guaranteed by any bank, are not insured by the FDIC or any other agency, and involve investment risks, including the possible loss of the principal amount invested.
Before investing in any of the Oppenheimer funds, investors should carefully consider a fund's investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses. Fund prospectuses and summary prospectuses contain this and other information about the funds, and may be obtained by asking your financial advisor, visiting oppenheimerfunds.com or calling 1.800.CALL OPP (225.5677). Read prospectuses and summary prospectuses carefully before investing.
Oppenheimer funds are distributed by OppenheimerFunds Distributor, Inc.
225 Liberty Street, New York, NY 10281-1008
© 2019 OppenheimerFunds Distributor, Inc. All rights reserved.