LONDON, Aug. 9, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Opportunities in the Global Ice Cream Sector: Analysis of Opportunities Offered by High Growth Economies
Global Ice Cream sector was valued at US$149.3 Billion in 2016 and is forecast to record a CAGR of 4.1% during 2016-2021, to reach US$182.8 Billion by 2021. North America was the leading region with a value share of 40.1% in 2016, whilst Eastern Europe is forecast to record the fastest value CAGR of 6.4% during 2016-2021. A growing population, rising urbanization rate, and improving economy will remain the primary macroeconomic factors driving the sector globally. As Ice Cream is often an impulse-driven purchase led by the desire for an indulgent treat, demand is likely to remain strong in the coming years.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/5043253/
Global Ice Cream sector as a percentage of the overall food industry is expected to increase during 2011-2021, led by rising disposable incomes and a growing desire for indulgent treats. Although Asia Pacific is the third largest region in value terms and is forecast to emerge as the second fastest growing market globally during 2016-2021, the share of the Ice Cream sector in the overall APAC food industry is forecast to decline from 4.2% in 2011 to 4.1% by 2021, due to the strong demand for Dairy products.
Ice Cream with Health & Wellness attributes increased from 8.3% of global value sales in 2011 to 8.8% in 2016. This can be attributed to rising health awareness amongst consumers who are increasingly paying attention to the ingredients when purchasing food products. In response to this consumer behavior, manufacturers are reformulating Ice Cream with ingredients that have a healthy halo such as whey protein and vegetables. This should help to improve the perception of Ice Cream as a guilt-free indulgence.
Flexible Packaging was the most commonly used package material in the Ice Cream sector, accounting for 56.7% of volume share in 2016. It was followed by Rigid Plastics with a 24.4% share. The Rigid Plastic material is expected to grow the fastest, at a CAGR of 5.2% during 2011-2021, followed by Paper & Board at 4.7% during the same period.
The overall share of private label products in the global Ice Cream sector increased from 7.4% in 2011 to 8.7% in 2016, to reach US$4.8 Billion. This growth can be attributed to changing consumer perceptions regarding private label. Western Europe held the highest value share for private label Ice Cream with 14.5% of total sales in 2016, followed by North America with a value share of 13.8%.
The report "Opportunities in the Global Ice Cream Sector" provides an overview of current sector scenario regarding the future outlook in terms of ingredients, product claims, labeling, and packaging. The analysis also covers regional overview across six regions - Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, North America, Latin America, Western Europe, and Eastern Europe - highlighting sector size, growth drivers, latest developments, and future inhibitors for the region.
In particular, this report provides the following analysis -
- Change in consumption: Provides a shift in the consumption of Ice Cream as compared to other major sectors such as Bakery & Cereals, Confectionery and Dairy & Soy Food during 2011-2021 at global and regional level.
- High potential countries: Provides Risk-Reward analysis of top four high potential countries by region, based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure.
- Country and regional analysis: Provides deep-dive analysis of 10 high potential countries across the regions covering value growth during 2016-2021, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends. It also includes regional analysis covering future outlook for the region.
- Health & Wellness analysis: Provides insights on the Health & Wellness products in terms of value and percentage share in the overall Ice Cream sector at global and regional level during 2011-2021. The analysis includes key Health & Wellness attributes and consumer benefits driving the sales of Ice Cream products across the six regions in 2016. It also covers the market share of leading companies offering Ice Cream products with Health & Wellness attributes in the same year.
- Competitive landscape: Provides an overview of leading brands at global and regional level, besides analyzing the product profile, country level presence, market share, and growth of private labels in each region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels in the global Ice Cream sector in 2016. It covers four distribution channels: On Trade, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Food & Drink Specialists, and Others, which includes Convenience Stores, "Dollar Stores", Variety Stores & General Merchandise Retailers, and Cash & Carries & Warehouse Clubs.
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2016) and growth analysis (during 2011-2021) for various package materials, pack type, closure type, and primary outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of Ice Cream products.
Companies mentioned in this report: Unilever, Nestle, Lotte Co., Ltd., Yili Group, China Mengniu Dairy Co Ltd, Wells Enterprises, Inc., General Mills, Inc., Mars, Incorporated, Blue Bell Creameries, L.P., Dean Foods, Ezaki Glico co., Ltd, Mondelez International, Inc., Australasian Food Group, Haitai Confectionery & Foods Co., Ltd, Binggrae Co., Ltd., Snow Brand, Turkey Hill Dairy, The Hershey Company, Sammontana Spa, IFFCO, Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd. (GCMMF), Dunkin` Donuts, Morinaga Milk, Fonterra, Focus Brands, Yildiz Holding AS, Bulla Dairy Foods.
- The report provides an overview of global and regional markets covering - Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, North America, Latin America, Western Europe, and Eastern Europe - highlighting sector size, growth drivers, latest developments, and future inhibitors for the region.
- It also identifies top ten high potential countries and provides deep dive analysis of top two countries in each region.
- The report draws on the sector data by analyzing key distribution channels for Ice Cream in the global market. Sector data is also used for studying the level of competition in the sector by identifying the top brands at a global and regional level with insights on sector shares of private label products.
- The report also includes insights on Health & Wellness products in terms of value and percentage share in the overall Ice Cream sector at global and regional level during 2011-2021.
Reasons to buy
- To have a thorough fact based analysis with information about the global Ice Cream sector across the six regions in value terms and the underlying factors that are driving the sales
- To gain confidence to make the correct business decisions based on a detailed analysis of the global Ice Cream sector and to identify high potential countries over the next 5 years
- The analysts have placed a significant emphasis on the mega trends that drive consumer choice and will provide a clear picture about the future opportunities that can be explored across the region, resulting in revenue expansion
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/5043253/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers